Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Bragg, CA (LIVE 21 May 2021, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted a permit applied for under Mendocino county which lists installation for 12 Tesla Chargers:

https://www.mendocinocounty.org/home/showpublisheddocument?id=39908

Permit: BF_2020-0756
Description: INSTALLATION OF 12 CHARGING STATIONS AND EQUIP

Given the anticipated "Q2/2021" expected release for a supercharger in Mendocino per Tesla's map, thought maybe this was the one.

Attachments

• December2020AppliedBuildin.pdf
    114.5 KB · Views: 130
Spotted a permit applied for under Mendocino county which lists installation for 12 Tesla Chargers:

https://www.mendocinocounty.org/home/showpublisheddocument?id=39908

Permit: BF_2020-0756
Description: INSTALLATION OF 12 CHARGING STATIONS AND EQUIP

Given the anticipated "Q2/2021" expected release for a supercharger in Mendocino per Tesla's map, thought maybe this was the one.
Nice find! This is for the Fort Bragg supercharger. It'll be in the Boatyard Shopping Ctr, at the intersection of CA-1 and CA-20. Geographically, that's a great spot. The permit was applied for on 2020-12-01 and is still under review. Which definitely would track for a Q2 2021 build.

Address: 101 Boatyard Dr, Fort Bragg, CA 95437

GPS (guess): 39.421063, -123.807299

@Chuq @MarcoRP

Technically this is in Fort Bragg, permit was found on Mendocino County’s list which is probably the reason for confusion.
Edit: @bmah

DAFD5194-1F5A-4E32-90BE-8639D22B44E3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically this is in Fort Bragg, permit was found on Mendocino County’s list which is probably the reason for confusion.

View attachment 629172

Gah, yea I realized this right after I made the post. In the previous Tesla Supercharger maps, the pin was listed under Mendocino so I must have had that still on my mind :) Regardless Fort Bragg is good enough for some juice in this area!

Someone who can edit this thread title for accuracy?

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
This is going to be a great addition to the network. I usually stay at hotels with destination charging up there but am excited to have a supercharger as a backup in case they are occupied or out of order.
Anyone have any shots of the parking lot where these will be? I checked Google street view but that wasn't much help.

This one is WAAAAAAAY overdue. The Tesla page on upcoming locations has been promising a Mendocino location every year for the last FOUR years! Hard to believe all this time we've seen numerous superchargers pop up in obscure locations, or locations that have 3 or more available with 25-50 miles. But this major destination resort didn't have any -- and was basically impossible to go to without finding someplace local to charge (and no, Ukiah doesn't count, as almost everyone is coming from the south).

I'm due for a new Tesla this year, as mine is going on 8 years old, but without this location, I would have seriously considered something else.

Agree 10000%... this and the 101 corridor between SF and LA have been my two watched areas. Big Sur / Carmel? No problem. Mendocino area - big problem. Friends went last weekend and the destination charger in Elk at their hotel was so busy they had to join a wait list for it. This will make that entire area much more accessible and agree it very long overdue.

Interesting to note for folks traveling that area these days. All the California State Parks (of which there are many) along the Mendocino and Humboldt coast have free J1772 charging. They are usually Clipper Creek chargers. It makes for a perfect 2 hour stop to charge while you walk the beautiful Coastal Redwood trails. Check Plugshare.com for details.

Looks like they just broke ground recently. 1 month? that'd be my guess if it is a 4 stall w/ the pad in the landscaped area they were digging.
2 months would be a long time for this. I'd think it could be done in a week or 2 if they are quick and weather is nice.
Screenshot FB.jpg

IMG_3900.JPG

IMG_3902.JPG

the precast pedestal boxes are neat. 2 weeks would be along time for this installation imo
....looking at the 6 boxes in the back. + 5 pedestal bases(probably 6th just on the left) I think 6 stalls

should've looked harder :rolleyes:
I was hungry & that market is yummy

Last edited:
Looks like they just broke ground recently. 1 month? that'd be my guess if it is a 4 stall w/ the pad in the landscaped area they were digging.
2 months would be a long time for this. I'd think it could be done in a week or 2 if they are quick and weather is nice.
View attachment 645956
View attachment 645958

View attachment 645960
the precast pedestal boxes are neat. 2 weeks would be along time for this installation imo
....looking at the 6 boxes in the back. + 5 pedestal bases(probably 6th just on the left) I think 6 stalls

Wow, great news! Thanx for posting the pics!

• Disagree
Reactions: Trekker_

View attachment 645960

Given that there are two V3 cabinets in the picture, I would bet it's at least 8 stalls.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Good recon work! On a completely selfish note, I just hope it's done in the next 60 days because I'll be towing a trailer to Fort Bragg over Memorial Day.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
The permit doesn’t show up in the list of approved permits for Jan or Feb 2021 so it must have been approved first part of March. Be interesting to see the approved comment line to see if it still lists 12 stalls. Equipment on site sounds like it points that direction and the outline on the map looks like the fence is encompassing enough space for 12 stalls.