TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Fort MacLeod, AB

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by scottf200, Sep 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Anyone following this SuperCharger?

2323 7 Ave, Fort MacLeod, AB
    Google search of address: 2323 7 Ave, Fort MacLeod, AB - Google Search

Location and other "2016" planned Superchargers that get you into the USA or us into Canada.

Image: i.imgur.com/9MCqfef.png
    [​IMG]

123 mile radius circle below
    Image: i.imgur.com/1oeGhZw.png
    [​IMG]

2. Lon12

Lon12 Member

• Informative x 2
  3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Thanks. I thought there was a convention "of SuperCharger - <town / City>" instead of an entire part of the country. As well that let's you tell the supercharge.info folks what the exact thread discussion is and then there site links to it with the 'discuss' hyperlink. Just a thought.

Looks like this is where it starts in that thread: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1735753/

4. ggenge

ggenge Member

Tesla Calgary said they were testing the Fort MacLeod Supercharger this week. I hope it is up soon. A bunch of us are planing a meetup there to go check it out soon after it opens.

5. Lon12

Lon12 Member

Don't leave without me! :)

6. Lon12

Lon12 Member

Well it looks like Tammy beat us all there today with her beautiful white Model X.
    It would still be great if we could get a bunch (8) together for a nice photo shoot soon.

• Like x 1
  7. eyewantanev

eyewantanev New Member

Can anyone give any information on Superchargers for the rest of the provinces?

8. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Just a little side note on the Superchargers here, the ‘Teriyaki House & Waffles’ has been demolished and now there is a new building in construction at its’ place. Photo from PlugShare B4B52483-890E-4F7D-ACB0-FA4C9B907A6C.jpeg

• Helpful x 1
  9. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

That is good news imo. I never went in but the place looked quite uninviting. Hopefully the new building will provide some better amenities. In the meantime we have the Shell station for bathroom and snacks and a long hike to Timmy's for wifi and other snacks. Must have been 500-1000m one way to walk to Timmy's.

• Helpful x 1
  10. TLej

TLej Little-Known Member

That Plugshare person is doing it wrong...look how hard they had to stretch that Supercharger cord to get it plugged in. Are those curbs too high, or could they just have backed up another 3 feet like a normal person? I haven’t made it this far south yet, but I have not found any curbs at any Superchargers to be so tall that they scrape when backing in.

11. Lon12

Lon12 Member

I'm surprised he was able to charge with that much tension on the plug. My car wouldn't have let me do that.
    Funny you should mention the curbing. For some reason my car doesn't like the ones at Fort Macleod. It hits the belly before the tires do. IMG_5813.JPG

• Informative x 1
  12. TLej

TLej Little-Known Member

@Lon12 That could definitely be why they were parked so far ahead of normal. Might be worth a mention to the powers-that-be, your photo is a great illustration of the issue.

13. lloydbrokeit

lloydbrokeit Member

You found me out with bad parking. I have gotten too close to the curb in that spot. those barriers are a little high. In winter the previous owners never clean the lot so the car sits higher and I could back further.

I Talked to the construction guys and they are building a furniture store.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. TLej

TLej Little-Known Member

To be honest, I'm impressed you even got connected that far out. Those cables do not stretch easily.

15. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Oh that is amazing! I would really love to sit in some brand new couch rather than in my Tesla seats.

16. Lon12

Lon12 Member

We have REAL leather couches in this part of the world.... not vegan Tesla seats. :p

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

They stretch a lot easier in warmer temps. Parking like that would not have gotten the job done in winter.