Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort MacLeod, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
Anyone following this SuperCharger?

2323 7 Ave, Fort MacLeod, AB
Google search of address: 2323 7 Ave, Fort MacLeod, AB - Google Search

Location and other "2016" planned Superchargers that get you into the USA or us into Canada.

Image: i.imgur.com/9MCqfef.png
9MCqfef.png

123 mile radius circle below
Image: i.imgur.com/1oeGhZw.png
1oeGhZw.png

Yes. We are very excited about it. You will find Pictures and more info in our Western Canada SuperChargers thread:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1746311/

Thanks. I thought there was a convention "of SuperCharger - <town / City>" instead of an entire part of the country. As well that let's you tell the supercharge.info folks what the exact thread discussion is and then there site links to it with the 'discuss' hyperlink. Just a thought.

Looks like this is where it starts in that thread: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1735753/

Just a little side note on the Superchargers here, the ‘Teriyaki House & Waffles’ has been demolished and now there is a new building in construction at its’ place. Photo from PlugShare
B4B52483-890E-4F7D-ACB0-FA4C9B907A6C.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
That is good news imo. I never went in but the place looked quite uninviting. Hopefully the new building will provide some better amenities. In the meantime we have the Shell station for bathroom and snacks and a long hike to Timmy's for wifi and other snacks. Must have been 500-1000m one way to walk to Timmy's.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Just a little side note on the Superchargers here, the ‘Teriyaki House & Waffles’ has been demolished and now there is a new building in construction at its’ place. Photo from PlugShareView attachment 316218
That Plugshare person is doing it wrong...look how hard they had to stretch that Supercharger cord to get it plugged in. Are those curbs too high, or could they just have backed up another 3 feet like a normal person? I haven’t made it this far south yet, but I have not found any curbs at any Superchargers to be so tall that they scrape when backing in.

That Plugshare person is doing it wrong...look how hard they had to stretch that Supercharger cord to get it plugged in. Are those curbs too high, or could they just have backed up another 3 feet like a normal person? I haven’t made it this far south yet, but I have not found any curbs at any Superchargers to be so tall that they scrape when backing in.
I'm surprised he was able to charge with that much tension on the plug. My car wouldn't have let me do that.
Funny you should mention the curbing. For some reason my car doesn't like the ones at Fort Macleod. It hits the belly before the tires do.
IMG_5813.JPG

Just a little side note on the Superchargers here, the ‘Teriyaki House & Waffles’ has been demolished and now there is a new building in construction at its’ place. Photo from PlugShareView attachment 316218
You found me out with bad parking. I have gotten too close to the curb in that spot. those barriers are a little high. In winter the previous owners never clean the lot so the car sits higher and I could back further.

I Talked to the construction guys and they are building a furniture store.

You found me out with bad parking. I have gotten too close to the curb in that spot. those barriers are a little high. In winter the previous owners never clean the lot so the car sits higher and I could back further.

I Talked to the construction guys and they are building a furniture store.
To be honest, I'm impressed you even got connected that far out. Those cables do not stretch easily.

I posted this in the Canadian trip thread, but thought I would post it here as well for those travelling North or South through NW Montana:

It seems that the new DC fast charger in Cardston, AB (61km South of Fort Macleod Supercharger) might now be operational. There have not been any actual check-ins or uses via Plugshare but one person commented that the FLO app shows it to be activated.

For those traveling with a CHAdeMO adapter North from the Missoula Supercharger, it's 350km/218miles to Cardston via Going to the Sun road (Typically stays open to the 3rd week of October, however Waterton/Glacier just had about a metre of snow so that route might now be closed until next June). Via East Glacier it's 427km to Cardston ( So it probably still makes more sense to go Missoula to Jaffray/Sparwood BC (348km/398km) DC fast chargers, then on to Calgary via hwy22 (266km from Sparwood).

My business neighbour (Accelerate Kootenay's) told me last weekend that they are in Southern Alberta the next couple weeks doing ribbon cutting ceremonies at some of these new "Peaks to Prairies" DC fast Chargers. One is coming to Milk river as well (135km SE of Fort Macleod) but that's still a stretch from Bozeman, Butte, or Missoula Superchargers (435km or more)

Peaks to Prairies Electric vehicle charging network - Tesla Owners Club Alberta

This official page says only Canmore and Lethbridge are currently online:

ATCO | Peaks to Prairies Electric Vehicle Charging Station

Going-to-the-Sun Road - Glacier National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

https://www.nps.gov/glac/learn/news/upload/Logan-Pass-Open-Close-Dates_Press-Kit-6-26-2017.pdf

Surprised this supercharger location has such little activity on here. This one almost always has another tesla charging when I show up

Even with the furniture store there, it’s a good locations. Shell for snacks and bathroom, outdoor burger and ice cream place across street, with park a little further

2 of the super chargers are out of commission. One has been out for close to 2 years. Looks like a truck backed into it. Another one went out of commission not long ago.

Seems to have affected the charging speeds on the rest as I can’t get anything over 53kwh no matter the state of charge. While the Calgary one I was able to get the full speeds