Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fort Stockton, TX Supercharger permit applied

Submitted by vperl on December 1, 2016
Talked to city of Fort Stockton,TX 11am Pacific today, gave address and information about the next SUPERCHARGER location.

Permit being issued.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fstfi-fairfield-inn-and-suites-for...

2571 I-10 Service Road (zip) 79735

This info is from a post by vperl from the Supercharger - Van Horn, Texas thread.

Submitted by vperl on December 1, 2016
Talked to city of Fort Stockton,TX 11am Pacific today, gave address and information about the next SUPERCHARGER location.

Permit being issued.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fstfi-fairfield-inn-and-suites-for...

2571 I-10 Service Road (zip) 79735

Fort Stockton, TX

Interstates: I-10
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-67, US-285, US-385

I-10
To: Ozona, TX (Under construction) -109 miles
Diversion: 1 mile
To: Junction, TX (Under construction) - 199 miles

To: Sweetwater, TX (TX-1053, I-20) - 212 miles
To: Amarillo, TX (TX-1053, I-20, TX-250, TX-349, TX-137, US-87, I-27) - 342 miles
To: Waco, TX (I-10, US-190, US-377, TX-765, TX-45, TX-574, US-84, TX-6, I-35) - 383 miles
To: Albuquerque, NM (US-285, I-40) - 418 miles

It's nice seeing the distance on I-10 from Casa Grande, AZ get smaller...

• Informative
Reactions: HillCountryFun
I was viewing the progress of Supercharger installs across Interstate 10 and noted the Ft. Stockton permit this morning. From San Antonio going west, there is one in process at Junction, TX and Ozona, TX as well. It's 245 miles or so from Ft. Stockton, TX to El Paso. Even if there was a SC in El Paso, I don't believe my S75 could make it from Ft. Stockton to El Paso It's nice to see hotels like Holiday Inn Express and Marriott embracing Tesla.

I would be curious why any city, countynofficial would claim A FOIA was required.

Public record.... But they are just lazy, probably.
Was donut, coffee break time
In this case, there was no permit to find in The City Of Baytown. The FOIA request process bought them twenty days to do the search and they came back on Day 21 with a 'nothing found'
(the Baytown SC ended up being in Channelview).

Drove all around the Fairfield Inn yesterday. No sign of any activity.

Thanks for that. This is a little disappointing, that Ozona is nearly finished and Van Horn construction is started, but there is a hole here in Ft. Stockton. I suppose one could go up to Midland and across to Van Horn, but that is a long span for an S60D since Pecos isn't started, either. Maybe Ozona to the destination charger at the BW in Pecos...

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
  • Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett