Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i will be attending, I’m new
Supercharger - Fort Stockton, Texas
I am planning on attending, and just got my reservation confirmed at the limpia, I’ll be present for the festivities lady’s, and gents. I’m new thanks.
I will be staying at my daughter's place and the Lazy Lion, but will attend the drinks at Hotel Limpia. It will be nice meeting other Tesla owners while checking out some of the places my parents use to take us every weekend. We used to go over to NM to find some snow back then too, at Cloudcroft.

I am planning on attending, and just got my reservation confirmed at the limpia, I’ll be present for the festivities lady’s, and gents. I’m new thanks.
thanks for the invite dr. P good meets :) ✅ Your tons of fun Awesome ✅

May be on more coming--Alex Chavez with his car, signed up on the T. O. of Central Texas FB page.. I thought wind farms and petroleum business would be the largest employers, lol. Better to pace yourself anyway, our cars can be very efficient at the lower speeds. Every time I speed going to Midland, a truck scares the life out of me. Puttering along at the speed limit seems scary enough.

Reactions: charliepmayer
Just got my confirmation from ye olde Hotel Limpia. Nice people.

FYI - If you choose to book via the hotel's website (versus the usual Kayak or similar sites), you get to see nifty pictures of each room type along with other helpful info (floor, building). I also found booking through the hotel's site to be a few bucks less than booking via Kayak or similar.

Charlie - good talking with you the other day - I also noticed upthread that you were able to reach out to the local media - thanks for that.

Will be interesting to see if some of the intrepid road warrior contingent rise to the occasion. Not that diehard road warriors worry about the weather (weather worries about them) - in any case, the weather forecast for For(got)t(en no longer) Stockton appears quite nice for next weekend.

Question for those attending: How many would be interested in a comestible (specifically, a cigar) while at the Golden Spike goings-on at the SC itself or perhaps thereafter during evening beverages? I'm happy to reach into the dark recesses of a humidor to bring some, but am equally happy to leave them in repose if the majority chooses to value their health :)

Thank you TaoJones.

I'm working on name tags and car info placards.
So far I show an S90D, S100D, P85, and an 3 LR-D. What else, please?

S85 for me.

In Atlanta now and notching lots of new-to-me superchargers. Getting the three in and around downtown Atlanta today wasn't a lot of fun but glad I got them.

We plan to be in Austin by Thursday night. If anyone is heading to Fort Stockton from Austin Saturday morning and want to go together, let me know.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Just visited Ft Stockton. Sorry i’ll be missing the opening due to prior obligations. However I stopped on Saturday for a charge and a salute.

Attachments

• 6FF0DFA6-D07C-4FE3-BACA-95AFC8A60A2B.jpeg
    6FF0DFA6-D07C-4FE3-BACA-95AFC8A60A2B.jpeg
    658 KB · Views: 67
  • CCE68041-8D6B-4143-A790-C757E0425C0D.jpeg
    CCE68041-8D6B-4143-A790-C757E0425C0D.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Question for those attending: How many would be interested in a comestible (specifically, a cigar) while at the Golden Spike goings-on at the SC itself or perhaps thereafter during evening beverages?
I believe my physician allows me one mouthful of rapidly oxidizing leaves every 5 years, so would take advantage of such generosity.

P.S. Beginning to pack now. Saturday overnight weather forecast looks crisp but bearable so my daughter is game to camp at Davis Mountains. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
You eat cigars?
I believe the accepted nomenclature is "chomp". ;). https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-chomp-on-a-cigar-but-not-on-a-cigarette Think of it as treating it like a roll of a chewing tobacco/snuff hybrid, large leaf but not moistened.

P.S. I'm not a chomper myself. Just dampen to take a little heat off. Really I very rarely partake at all, and could very well live without. Definitely a relatively light touch, no deep inhale, but I find it goes well with a good wine/port match. That mostly precludes 2nd hand smoke, too, as it's hard NOT to deeply inhale it then. I do make sure I'm well downwind and not in enclosed areas with involuntary bystanders (usually not enclosed at all), and don't share with anyone.

Just a little teaser for anyone still on the fence and easily persuaded by shiny objects. :)

Below are some of the spikes that will make the trip to West Texas from SoCal later this week.

They are indeed authentic 6.25" carbon steel US Rail railroad spikes. Courtesy of Charlie's sledgehammer, one golden spike will be driven into the ground (with all due pomp and circumstance) at the SC location on Saturday - after distributing to attending owners, local dignitaries (e.g., the Flying J manager and one for his boss), owners' guests, and of course saving one for the bartender at the Hotel Limpia thereafter. Yes indeedy, there is a Golden Spike cocktail - read/watch all about it.

Please arrive ~20 minutes or so early at the Fort Stockton SC location if you can; it would be good to start the festivities promptly at 4:30pm, given the hour and the drive to Fort Davis thereafter.

golden spikes.jpg

You eat cigars?

I observe cigars of tropical origin and decadent provenance quietly aging in my humidor as I've had to give up the very occasional enjoyment thereof some years ago. It's a sad tale, really *bemused grin*.

However, I have been known to share whenever a special occasion presents itself with a suitable downwind location.