Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In talking with the owner of the Quality Inn in Ozona (where the Supercharger is located) , he said the tech that was passing through to commission the Van Horn SC told him there was a problem with the siting of the Fort Stockton SC. He was not clear if it was the hotel or the county government causing the issue. He said he had to fight a bit with his county -- they wanted it on their property.

Drove through Fairfield Inn today. No sign of any construction, although they have plenty of parking lot.

This location really needs to get done! We had a rough time this week in the MS60D, dealing with the STRONG west winds on I-10...

We're waiting to do the same trip in my P90D. EV trip planner shows the Ozona to Fort Davis segment via I-10 and rt. 67 and 118 to take 78 KWh of energy and 247 rated miles used @ 400 lb payload, 1.1 speed factor, but no headwind.

After 15 months of ownership, I'm down to about 255 miles at 100% charge. No go. This isn't a great part of Texas in which to run out of energy..

Iraan to Fort Davis shows a segment energy of 59 KWh and 188 rated miles used. This looks doable if one doesn't mind the extra charging time in Iraan (I don't currently have dual-chargers).

We're waiting to do the same trip in my P90D. EV trip planner shows the Ozona to Fort Davis segment via I-10 and rt. 67 and 118 to take 78 KWh of energy and 247 rated miles used @ 400 lb payload, 1.1 speed factor, but no headwind.

After 15 months of ownership, I'm down to about 255 miles at 100% charge. No go. This isn't a great part of Texas in which to run out of energy..

Iraan to Fort Davis shows a segment energy of 59 KWh and 188 rated miles used. This looks doable if one doesn't mind the extra charging time in Iraan (I don't currently have dual-chargers).

We did stop in Iraan, but with single charger it is of questionable value as it is somewhat out of the way. We also stopped in Balmorhea at the municipal RV park (check Plugshare) They have new 14-50 wiring and there is a decent little park to wander around in. If we were to do this trip again before Fort Stockton SC gets completed, we'd skip Iraan and just go to Balmorhea. Not free, but ridiculously close to it.

Reactions: Vern Padgett

I'm concerned that after 15 months you're down to 255RM at full charge. I have a 90D (no P) that is almost 12 months old with 17K miles. I still get 255RM at 90% daily charge and over 280RM at 100%. I've gone to 100% about a half dozen times, but I always get on the road almost immediately whenever I range charge. Have you asked Tesla why your battery is losing capacity so quickly and if there's anything you can do to recover some capacity?

Anyone have updates as to when and where the I-10 holes (NM-AZ, fort Stockton) might be filled?

I don't recall where it was posted... but I did read somewhere that Tesla ran into an issue with permitting in Fort Stockton. Something about the county wanting the SC on county property not private property... I dunno. I have a feeling this is going to be like Midland... we're all watching one spot then suddenly it shows up nearly complete somewhere else.

I don't recall where it was posted... but I did read somewhere that Tesla ran into an issue with permitting in Fort Stockton. Something about the county wanting the SC on county property not private property... I dunno. I have a feeling this is going to be like Midland... we're all watching one spot then suddenly it shows up nearly complete somewhere else.

I agree. I'll go by for a look again on Monday on the way to Terlingua. I'll be able to look around a little, since I'll be in the Jeep. :(

And that was me that posted about the County wanting it to be on their property. That was just speculation, as I had heard it second-hand that that's what happened in Ozona. No facts there.

I agree. I'll go by for a look again on Monday on the way to Terlingua. I'll be able to look around a little, since I'll be in the Jeep. :(

And that was me that posted about the County wanting it to be on their property. That was just speculation, as I had heard it second-hand that that's what happened in Ozona. No facts there.
Thanks for scouting! I'm sure I'm not the only one out here itching to hear if anything is happening.

And while I'm being impatient- does anyone have a cooperative/curious friend or relative near Pecos?

Followed BerTX on I-10 today in the P85, but never caught up to him.
Junction started at 302 mph, best Ozona could do was 222 mph - tried 1A and 1B. Seemed very slow to me.
Iraan Power House got up to 46 mph on 69A. Topped up a bit at The Stable in Alpine: 24 mph 40A - free. The Stable is an ICE performance shop - they were very friendly - I owe them a beer. (I recommend RailRoad Blues - across the street.)
Lack of a Supercharger in Fort Stockton is a major annoyance - took me 9 hours instead of the usual six in the Jeep.
You'd think we could at least get a short explanation from someone, eh?
Experienced the following charging rates today: 302, 202, 46, 24, and 4 (at the house). Interesting - and frustrating.