Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe with the available land, both east and west of Fort Stockton, this would be a great spot for Elon Musk to open up one of those "TESLA CENTERS", one with a 40-stall Supercharger, full parking cover with Solar, a nice LOUNGE, and do not forget, the 50's Style Dinner, Drive-In, with Roller Skate servers. I bet it would attract more locals than Tesla drivers, and have something the other Fort Stockton restaurants don't.

Heck, I bet more ICE drivers would stop than we have Tesla drivers pass through.

Just a thought ....

And don't forget Megachargers for all the semis that will be making their transcontinental trips along I-10.

Maybe with the available land, both east and west of Fort Stockton, this would be a great spot for Elon Musk to open up one of those "TESLA CENTERS", one with a 40-stall Supercharger, full parking cover with Solar, a nice LOUNGE, and do not forget, the 50's Style Dinner, Drive-In, with Roller Skate servers. I bet it would attract more locals than Tesla drivers, and have something the other Fort Stockton restaurants don't.

Heck, I bet more ICE drivers would stop than we have Tesla drivers pass through.

Just a thought ....

I'd guess that I10 is pretty lightly utilized in that area, making it hard to justify that kind of expense.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Looks like the City of Fort Stockton gas department has responded to the dig request, but no other.

This lack of activity is boring - how about another round of conjecture?

Ok, here's my contribution:
At the Flying J: five parking spots next to the propane tank for SC service.
Walmart: SC for current vehicles and the nation's first operational specially-built Tesla Semi Megacharger!

Now wouldn't that be a really cool SC party? Semi vs Model 3, S and X drag races at the airport?

jbcarioca: Annie Riggs museum is interesting. Oil and water are both quite valuable out here.
They found oil at 96 feet (!) a few miles north of Fort Stockton.
(unverified source: AAPG Datapages/Archives: The Present Excitement at Fort Stockton, Texas: GEOLOGICAL NOTES)

thesky13: I just sent the manager (Herb) another email. The first one I sent contained obsolete instructions (from me).
Here are the corrected instructions for this area of Texas, per my last contact with Tesla (might have changed - no info from Tesla):

If you would like to pursue a Tesla Destination charger the procedure is:

1) Get a detailed quote from an electrician to install two Tesla HPWCs (instructions attached)

2) Forward that quote and a cover letter to:

Max Wilcox | Charging Infrastructure
3500 Deer Creek Rd. | Palo Alto, CA, 94304
o 510-249-3741 | m 650.906.1477 | e [email protected]

3) Tesla will look over the quote and send equipment.

4) Your electrician installs it

5) Electrician bills Tesla directly - Tesla reimburses him or her for the installation expenses.
(Max $1,500 installation expense per device - Tesla requires that two devices be installed.)

A single 100 amp circuit breaker can feed both Tesla devices.
Installation specs attached:

Attachments

• wall_connector_installation_manual_80A_en_US-2.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 394
Oh, this is good. I just can't decide guys, what would be the best photo opportunity at Ft. Stockton Tesla Supercharger?
138717323.jpg

NEVER remove it. It still gives us hope, when no other hope is to be found.

We have decided to skip the I-10 return leg of our trip this July, and instead try the I-20. Not sure it is any better, but at least the distance of the gap is 40 miles less.

Next year, July 2019, we plan to use the I-10 West, so if we have to arrange for Charlie to stand by with a big bucked or drum of electrons for us at Fort Stockton, so be it.;)

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones