Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, TxDOT is apparently not able to have third parties place facilities at their rest stops. There has been a lot of work undertaken to electrify the Triangle with CHAdeMO / SAE and the TxDOT rest stops seem like obvious locations. The regional councils of governments leading the effort haven't made progress trying to get access.

• Informative
Reactions: TMC Bubba
This is the Flying J on the North side of Fort Stockton looking North. Probably not a Supercharger but hope springs eternal.... The spool that they're feeding into the trench isn't wire... might be conduit..... I dunno....

IMG_1268.jpg

I'm heading to Alpine the 1st week of July and I'll be installing a 14-50R plug at a vacation rental home in Alpine. I can make Alpine from Ozona but tired of waiting on Fort Stockton. We contacted Tesla about having a destination charger at the home since it is available for rental day or week. Tesla said they weren't doing destination charging stations at vacation rentals. This should open up a number of day time trips from Alpine while charging when you spend the night. The vacation rental can be checked out at alpinewindmillhouse.com As I said it won't be available for charging until the middle of July if all goes well.

Tesla, if you want to incentivize us to buy new vehicles to get free supercharging, please add the superchargers! I.e., please finish I-10..

Btw, my recent trip from Austin to San Jose and San Diego was great. Superchargers worked great, mostly conveniently located, etc. no lines, except in mountain view and San Diego. And met a lot of nice tesla owners.

Received a call from the Fort Stockton Development Corporation - associated in some way with the Chamber of Commerce I think.
No new news - they assisted Tesla with the permits and other issues, but they knew nothing about any changes to the original plan.
I suspect legal/easement issues with the hotel. I did ask Tesla for an explanation. Completion of this site was originally scheduled for the end of what, 2015?. This is embarrassing when I try to explain it to my ICE friends.

I stopped by the new rest area ~20 miles West of Fort Stockton that the new supercharger is rumored to be headed to... gonna be a while if the rumors are true... I was told 3-4 months before it's open. There is power available (some rest areas are miles from power, this isn't like that). There also isn't an overpass... there's a separate rest area for W and E traffic so there would need to be bays on both sides...

IMG_1281.JPG

I also visited the Flyings Js I had seen activity at before... whatever it was it's gone now... :( No activity at the Fairfield the permit was originally pulled for either....