Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla map still shows this site as opening in summer 2018.

upload_2018-9-23_8-45-55.png

So my Model 3 has now been procured and stress tested (save for a testing of Super Charging). Just need a time & date to show up.

@TaoJones , have you any word from anyone at Tesla et al yet on if there are any official opening ceremony plans or if this will be entirely fan run operation?

No it said that the target was to open it in Summer. It appears that they missed their target by a little bit.

Yeah, by about 2+ years. The first permit was well past 600 days aged. Some would say dessicated.

@TaoJones , have you any word from anyone at Tesla et al yet on if there are any official opening ceremony plans or if this will be entirely fan run operation?

If I or we do not have confirmation by midweek of a sooner date, I would suggest to the group that we choose a Saturday in mid-to-late October (for example, October 20th), gather at the SC at 3:40pm (disbursing golden spikes to all Tesla owners in attendance), have a Golden Spike Ceremony commencing at 4:00pm sharp (disbursement of the rest of the spikes to non-owners and curious locals, brief words by whomever would like to say them, and the sledging of the ceremonial golden spike), and then adjourn to the Grey Mule Saloon and dinner thereafter as part of @charliepmayer's comprehensive itinerary. If the Chamber can attend during that weekend, then great.

This proposed plan presumes/would be subject to site activation beforehand, which appears to be somewhere between possible and probable at this point. If it runs late unexpectedly, then we just push the date a weekend or three (Halloween weekend might be tough for those who have kids).