Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Golden Spike Ceremony:

As of this morning I show the commitments below. Anybody else? Any changes?

Ft Stockton 4:30 Feb 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, jplasmd, theflyer, DavidB, BeteNoire,

Limpia 7:00 Feb 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, DavidB, theflyer, BeteNoire

Marfa noon, Feb 10th: charliepmayer, DavidB

Please add to your calendar: 2019 Tesla EV Rally - Far West Texas, August 16-19

Missed this one:
Supercharger - Fort Stockton, Texas

P.S. Our ISD board of directors has apparently gone insane. Just got the 2019-2020 calendar and classes starts Aug 14 this "fall". :confused: I'll still try make part of that rally, though.

Golden Spike Ceremony:

As of this morning I show the commitments below. Anybody else? Any changes?

Ft Stockton 4:30 Feb 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, jplasmd, theflyer, DavidB, BeteNoire,

Limpia 7:00 Feb 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, DavidB, theflyer, BeteNoire

Marfa noon, Feb 10th: charliepmayer, DavidB

Please add to your calendar: 2019 Tesla EV Rally - Far West Texas, August 16-19
We'll definitely do breakfast on Sunday morning in Fort Davis and will make an audible on whether to go down to Marfa for lunch and photo op or head for El Paso directly from Fort Davis.

Weather could make for an interesting drive for us as it appears the polar vortex is gonna create some interesting conditions in the midwest and east coast into February.

Reactions: Behind
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to bow out. Multiple delays, including getting sick, have totally disrupted my schedule. While I will pass through your area, and use the supercharger, I won't make it on time for the ceremony.

Golden Spike Ceremony: Two week notice!

Ft Stockton ceremony 4:30 Feb 9th, 7 cars, 13 people:
charliepmayer (1), TaoJones (2), jplasmd (2), theflyer (2), DavidB (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (2)

Hotel Limpia Dinner 7:00 Feb 9th, 6 cars, 14 people:
charliepmayer (4), TaoJones (2), DavidB (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (2)

Marfa noon photo shoot Feb 10th, 3 cars, 8 people:
charliepmayer (4), DavidB (2), nwdiver (2)

And a nice "maybe" from Mark Brazelton, our Tesla SC expert!

Any more updates? If not I will pass the above head count to the hotel, newspapers, and C of C.

Reactions: jbcarioca
I'm sorry that I have to bow out, and not attend. I have been sick for over a week, and while I'm getting better, I'm still not healthy enough to drive across the country. I do plan to visit the supercharger, but it will be a week or two after the ceremony.

I did post on Monday that I would have to cancel.

I hope everyone attending will enjoy the event!

With my deepest regrets,
DavidB

Ft Stockton ceremony: DavidB cannot attend
Hotel Limpia Dinner: DavidB cannot attend
Marfa noon photo shoot: DavidB cannot attend

Golden Spike Ceremony:

corrected today:

Ft Stockton ceremony 4:30 Feb 9th, 6 cars, 10 people:
charliepmayer (1), TaoJones (2), jplasmd (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1)

Hotel Limpia Dinner 7:00 Feb 9th, 5 cars, 11 people:
charliepmayer (4), TaoJones (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1)

Marfa noon photo shoot Feb 10th, 2 cars, 5 people:
charliepmayer (4), nwdiver (1)

I'm a probably not, but haven't entirely ruled it out.

I'll be in Vegas for the Super Bowl so I'm already half way there! Problem is, then I'd have to drive all the way back to Seattle in the winter. Also, I was just in West Texas (road tripped to Dallas for Seahawks playoff game), so it seems kind of boring to do the same drive twice in the same winter. But I'll see how I feel after the Super Bowl and let you guys know.

Golden Spike Ceremony: Two week notice!

Ft Stockton ceremony 4:30 Feb 9th, 7 cars, 13 people:
charliepmayer (1), TaoJones (2), jplasmd (2), theflyer (2), DavidB (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (2)

Hotel Limpia Dinner 7:00 Feb 9th, 6 cars, 14 people:
charliepmayer (4), TaoJones (2), DavidB (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (2)

Marfa noon photo shoot Feb 10th, 3 cars, 8 people:
charliepmayer (4), DavidB (2), nwdiver (2)

And a nice "maybe" from Mark Brazelton, our Tesla SC expert!

Any more updates? If not I will pass the above head count to the hotel, newspapers, and C of C.
I am very sad I cannot make it. After all taht time and effort agitating to open Fort Stockton, I have not yet been there since opening. I suppose my only compensation is to be stuck here in Rio de Janeiro spending my weekend around the pool with a barbeque for family and friends in the summer sunshine.
Frankly, I'd much prefer to be with all of you celebrating the I10 Golden Spike!

I'm a probably not, but haven't entirely ruled it out.

I'll be in Vegas for the Super Bowl so I'm already half way there! Problem is, then I'd have to drive all the way back to Seattle in the winter. Also, I was just in West Texas (road tripped to Dallas for Seahawks playoff game), so it seems kind of boring to do the same drive twice in the same winter. But I'll see how I feel after the Super Bowl and let you guys know.
I'll be in Atlanta on Superbowl Sunday but doing everything in my power to avoid the game. Would be great if you could make it to Fort Stockton.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Golden Spike Ceremony:

corrected today:

charliepmayer (1), TaoJones (2), jplasmd (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1)

I don't see my name on there. Please add me: 1 car, 2 people.

Golden Spike Ceremony:

corrected today:

There is a good chance we will head down to Marfa with ya'll. It looks like US90 will take me right to the Van Horn supercharger. It looks like it'd be about 190 miles for Fort Stockton -> Fort Davis -> Marfa -> Van Horn, which is quite doable in my S85 if I get a 90%+ charge in Fort Stockton and/or can grab some electrons in Fort Davis or Marfa.

We'll likely aim to get to Fort Stockton a bit early on Saturday so we can get a jump on charging.

Reactions: Behind
trying this again:

Ft Stockton ceremony 4:30 Feb 9th, 8 cars, 14 people
charliepmayer (1), TaoJones (2), jplasmd (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1), Behind (2), kavyboy (2)

Hotel Limpia 7:00 Feb 9th, 7 cars, 15 people
charliepmayer (4), TaoJones (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1), Behind (2), kavyboy (2)

Marfa noon photo shoot, Feb 10th, 5 cars, 11 people
charliepmayer (4), nwdiver (1), Behind (2), kavyboy (2), theflyer (2)

(I think I got it right this time - but maybe not :))

TaoJones still in, with spikes and top hat in hand, although for a party of 1 rather than 2.

Hoping for more representation from the TX clubs and maybe a token appearance from NM and AZ. Not so sure about some of the CA contingent who think the world ends at Yuma *grin*.

Charlie, I can't seem to PM you at any point that I've tried this month - although I haven't fully ruled out user error at my end, which is always entirely, um, probable.

Could you please try to PM me? Thanks much.

• Love
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Missed this one:

P.S. Our ISD board of directors has apparently gone insane. Just got the 2019-2020 calendar and classes starts Aug 14 this "fall". :confused: I'll still try make part of that rally, though.[/QUOT
Missed this one:
I am on attending, and just got my reservation confirmed at the limpia, I’ll be present for the festivities lady’s, and gents and for the night. I’m new thanks

P.S. Our ISD board of directors has apparently gone insane. Just got the 2019-2020 calendar and classes starts Aug 14 this "fall". :confused: I'll still try make part of that rally, though.
p
It worked! Thanks, Charlie - please see reply message.

This technology thing... pretty cool.
It worked! Thanks, Charlie - please see reply message.

This technology thing... pretty cool.
i will be attending, I’m new
I am planning on attending, and just got my reservation confirmed at the limpia, I’ll be present for the festivities lady’s, and gents. I’m new thanks.