Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lower peak power. Most of the service I've seen is 500kVA. That's ~8 Supercharger stalls or ~16 Urban Stalls.

How do you figure that Urban stalls use half of the power? Peak power on a pair of Urban stalls is 144 kW. (Both stalls charging at 72 kW.) What is peak power on a normal Supercharger pair of stalls? Isn't it ~144 kW?

From what I have seen the Supercharger cabinets are rated exactly the same between the two.

How do you figure that Urban stalls use half of the power? Peak power on a pair of Urban stalls is 144 kW. (Both stalls charging at 72 kW.) What is peak power on a normal Supercharger pair of stalls? Isn't it ~144 kW?

From what I have seen the Supercharger cabinets are rated exactly the same between the two.

Hmmm... I've never seen an urban charger cabinet... kind of assumed they had less power. Perhaps you can't fit more stalls. Either way... Urban SCs are unlikely to make siting a SC in Fort Stockton any easier.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Sorry about that. I missed the joke.

Goes back to my astonishment when Tesla reps told me to find malls or parking garages in west Texas for destination chargers.

They have no clue about the area.

Don’t think they care.

It’s disturbing that they told you that. Both are the worst locations for SCs. Accidents waiting to happen on top of higher ICEing potential.

Fortunately, the 2 locations at For(got)t(en) Stockton are neither of those. However, whether the BW or the FJ, it appears that unresolved design bill issues are now the culprit. It’s either that or just plain neglect from the new area rep.

Speaking of which, it wouldn’t kill said rep to post a quarterly update - if not here then at Tesla.com’s fora.

I agree that the appearance is very much that they just don’t care.

Indeed! And not too far off I-10. Also noted what I believe to be a new Chademo just to the north; just wish it was further to the west! (I.e. West of Ozona)
I'd be interested in that CHAdeMO in Kerrville, but I'd be surprised if it actually exists. It is Chargepoint, and their site says there are 2 J1772 stations there (6.6 kW). Plugshare says CHAdeMO AND CCS, and no J1772. I'd lean toward Chargepoint being accurate and crowdsourcing being mistaken.