Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Valley, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to Cottonfarmer on the supercharge.info forum for finding this location under construction, just off I-75 near Warner Robins, GA.

Looks like 12 stalls (uses the pre-fab units of 4 stalls, a couple are probably just out of frame at the left) [Edit: This was also shared on reddit earlier, it's a 16 stall]

Tesla might end up calling this "Fort Valley", will have to wait and see.

1659230238670.png

Last edited:
Buc-ee's!!! What a perfect location...open 24 hours, perfectly safe location, cleanest restrooms in the country, LOTS to see and do, many food options. Perfect for a 30-45 minute stop, just right for a supercharging station. I've been waiting for this one for months after I read about the agreement with Buc-ee's to put in superchargers at (IIRC) about 25 locations. I've got a feeling this site will be really busy at times.

Thanks to Cottonfarmer on the supercharge.info forum for finding this location under construction, just off I-75 near Warner Robins, GA.

Looks like 12 stalls (uses the pre-fab units of 4 stalls, a couple are probably just out of frame at the left) [Edit: This was also shared on reddit earlier, it's a 16 stall]

Tesla might end up calling this "Fort Valley", will have to wait and see.

It was listed as Fort Valley in the agreement with Tesla (Tesla Partnership with Buc-ee's (26 New Locations)) and it has a Fort Valley address so I'd guess it would be called Fort Valley.
However, the address is on Russell Parkway, which in that location is in Warner Robins.
Buc-ee's calls it Warner Robins.
Google Maps' and Open Street Map have the property partially in Warner Robins and partially in unincorporated area (the incorporation in the area just covers the main highways.

If somebody can get the Tesla PDF from the Permit it should answer the question. The PDF title at the top of the page show's Tesla's name for the location.

Reactions: nogajim
Warner Robins, GA

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Buc-ee’s
Along Primary Interstates: I-75
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-41
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-75

To: Macon - Tom Hill Sr Rd, GA - 25.8 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: McDonough, GA - 69 miles

US-41

To: Macon - Tom Hill Sr Rd, GA - 29.1 miles
Diversion: 4.6 miles
To: Atlanta, GA - 115.1 miles

Splitter! (In a practical sense, although not strictly.)
For I-75 it's a mini-splitter. It splits the 70.4 mile gap from Cordele, GA to Macon - Tom Hill Sr Rd, GA to gaps below 50 miles.

However, fastest travel along 75 takes 475 to save 5.7 miles and about 6 minutes by avoiding the diversion of I-75 to Macon, GA.
So, for fastest travel, it splits the 113.6 mile gap between Cordele, GA and McDonough, GA.

Little bit of a negative. Looks like Tesla will start using V4 in a few weeks. Maybe/probably 800V/350-400kW and maybe/probably CCS cables and open to all.

Also sorta is an odd Exit. Doesn't really connect to Fort Valley. Dead ends on a small road to the west. But looks like it will be easy off/on for Tesla's.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 3.32.24 PM.png

It was listed as Fort Valley in the agreement with Tesla (Tesla Partnership with Buc-ee's (26 New Locations)) and it has a Fort Valley address so I'd guess it would be called Fort Valley.
However, the address is on Russell Parkway, which in that location is in Warner Robins.
Buc-ee's calls it Warner Robins.
Yeah, it said Fort Valley in the address on Google Maps, but when you click on the "Fort Valley" location, the red border doesn't include it. And clicking on "Warner Robins" did include it.
So I went with what the two (presumably) locals called it, in both the reddit and supercharge.info forum posts.

Wow, awesome!

And so far along already! Shouldn’t take much longer.

Unfortunately I needed this today! We went up to Macon to charge instead. This is much closer to my destination.

Yes, this Buc-ee’s has a Fort Valley address - 7001 Russell Pkwy, Fort Valley, GA 31030 - and has been on the Buc-ee’s supercharger plan list since Oct 2021.

Is there any info on where in the Buc-ee’s parking lot this is located? Google maps satellite view still shows a large field. Is it away from the fuel pumps?

Last edited:
Is there any info on where in the Buc-ee’s parking lot this is located? Google maps satellite view still shows a large field. Is it away from the fuel pumps?

Triangulating from the photo provided in the first post and Google Streetview of I-75, and the sun's angle, and the vegetation, this is at the southern edge of the property, in the SW corner. So the FARTHEST from the entrance on Russell Pkwy, and the pumps, and this least likely to be ICE'd. Awesome. (although, also worst position for evangelizing :) )

Triangulating from the photo provided in the first post and Google Streetview of I-75, and the sun's angle, and the vegetation, this is at the southern edge of the property, in the SW corner. So the FARTHEST from the entrance on Russell Pkwy, and the pumps, and this least likely to be ICE'd. Awesome. (although, also worst position for evangelizing :) )
The prices on the gas pumps will do all the evangelizing!

This will indeed be a busy one. As @ItsNotAboutTheMoney said, this will make the straight shot bypassing Macon and the I-16 interchange much more viable. The stretch from Chattanooga (including Chattanooga itself) to Orlando is getting filled in.
I’m actually. Glad this did NOT get V4. That would mean non-Teslas would have access here earlier than other stations. This will remain busy with Teslas for a long time.
Elon said that non-Teslas would be allowed at less busy stations - and be V4 (still not clear if retrofits are in store). If this stays busy, then it wouldn’t be available to non-Teslas making the V4, multi-connector kind of a waste.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
For me this has value travelling east-west usually from the Columbus GA supercharger via 96 to family southeast of Warner Robins. It’s a minor diversion N on 75 with the major advantage of bypassing the worst section of 96 which is only 2 lanes and goes through a nightmarish 5 way stoplight followed immediately by a diagonal short steep bridge over train tracks. Then stuck in 2 lanes again until right at I-75. The rest of 96 is just fine.

Little bit of a negative. Looks like Tesla will start using V4 in a few weeks. Maybe/probably 800V/350-400kW and maybe/probably CCS cables and open to all.

Also sorta is an odd Exit. Doesn't really connect to Fort Valley. Dead ends on a small road to the west. But looks like it will be easy off/on for Tesla's.

View attachment 835091
I view it as a positive that this will be v3 and not readily open to non-Teslas at least until Tesla gets around to modifying. Bucees is going to be a slam-packed charging location due to the amenities; last thing we need are other EVs having access to these.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Live and let live I say. All of us EV owners are on the same team. I don't mind sharing. I feel like Tesla has been keeping up with demand pretty well in the southeast. The only time I've had a wait on a highway SC is at Tifton on a holiday weekend.
Besides being crowded, I've often had issues with Tifton with either a stall that stops charging, or one that just charges extremely slow. I always do my best to skip it now.

I've been waiting on this for a while - ever since the Buccee/Tesla agreement was made public. My parents live in Newnan and I live in Orlando. I also visit Atlanta on business upon occasion. Going to Newnan can get interesting since I prefer taking Hwy 16 through Griffon. I can make it from Cordelle to Newnan, but just barely on 80% SOC - which Cordelle often limits to. Also, Cordelle is about a mile off the Interstate with several lights. Tifton is v2 and Macon is out of the way (and v2). Going from Jasper to Cordelle seems too short a segment - so this looks like the perfect interval. The same for going all the way to Atlanta. McDonough is ok (v3) but no restrooms unless you walk a bit. The traffic getting to the SC can add 10-15 minutes if near rush hour (Atlanta metro). Overall, pretty epic location. I hope it gets done by October (next ATL business trip).

Reactions: 1speed