Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Concrete was poured today.
IMG_2349.JPG

@cassini83 - I talked to them again last night and they finally figured it out. I was told within 48 hours they will call back to setup meter install. Still trying to run the numbers to verify it makes sense. Seems like they really hiked up the on-peak cost. Went from 8.8 cents up to 14.5. My rep had to speak to his manager to get it sorted out. Might go that route.

That's quite a bit. I use between 500 and 900kWh/month and expect the Model 3 to add about 250kWh to that.
@aconrad I made a spreadsheet and took readings at 7am and 9pm over the last 7 days and it appears that without any lifestyle changes I would just about break even. That being said, if I turn off the AC when I'm not home and use the electric dryer only at nights and weekends my bill should go down by $20 or so. Charging the Tesla at night would save an additional $15. Besides it would be fun to tell people that my 'fillup' costs less than $2 :)

Sorry for the off-topic. Can't find a better thread to discuss this.

@cassini83 I checked just ballpark figures and because of off-peak weekends I think I will save around the same amount as you but as you said, there is a certain appeal to telling people a full charge costs less than $3. We have a Nest Thermostat and efficient appliances so I think if we just do laundry on weekends and maybe a load mid-week before bed we should see even more savings.

Worth the try. Unlike @BlueStu they told me I can switch back anytime if I don't like it.

Stopped by today-- real early to make this claim but it appeared they poured footings with anchor bolts for a canopy (maybe solar)

It seems unlikely as the permit was pulled by an Electrical contractor and typically if there was that much structural construction a General contractor would have the permit. Although if solar it would make some sense that Electrical would be a huge portion of the work and thus would have the permit...

Will know soon enough

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Fort Wayne, IN

Interstates: I-69
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-24,US-30,US-33

I-69:
To: Angola, IN - 44.5 miles
Diversion: 2.5 miles
To: Marshall, MI - 88.1 miles

Angola, IN (I-69): 44.5 miles
Maumee, OH (I-69,I-469,US-24): 97.9 miles
Mt. Gilead, OH (I-69,I-469,US-30,US-23,OH-95): 158 miles
Lima, OH (I-69,I-469,US-30,OH-115,OH-65,u,OH-81,I-75,OH-117) : 76.5 miles
Indianapolis, IN (I-69,I-465): 127 miles
Lafayette, IN (I-69,US-24,IN-HHH,IN-25,IN-E700N,IN-N900,IN-26): 116 miles
Country Club Hills, IL (I-69,US-30,IN-49,I-80,I-57): 153 miles
Grand Ave (SC), Chicago, IL (I-69,US-30,IN-49,I-80,I-90): 160 miles
Mishawaka, IN (I-69,US-30,IN-331): 86.6 miles
St. Joseph, MI (I-69,US-30,US-31,MI-139,MI-63): 120 miles

• Informative
@BlueStu yeah this seems to be taking longer than I have heard from other people on a typical S/C install. People I have met at S/C have said they saw them go up in under 2 weeks but those didn't have a canopy or Solar so maybe that is why this one is taking longer...

I just went by today and made an observation. Could the footings just be for something as simple as a lightpost? There are lights facing the road, and lights in the parking lot. But none that would really shed too much light on the SuC area. Terre Haute installed a couple lights for their SuC. Thoughts all?

I just stopped there today and had a chance to talk to those constructing it. I confirmed with one of the guys that those posts will be lights. Also, the supercharger is listed at having 12 stalls, this is incorrect. The plan calls for 10 stalls total with 1 pull-in stall.

Attachments

• IMG_1660.JPG
    IMG_1660.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Informative