Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen any good leads on the location for the supercharger that is supposed to be coming to Fort Wayne. I've had a few guesses since Tesla stated they were targeting Fort Wayne.

I went grocery shopping tonight at one of our local Meijer's on Lima Road and I am quite certain that will be the location. There are about 8 or so new parking spots on the Northeast side of the parking lot along with some pending new construction. This normally wouldn't make much sense because they just remodeled the store and repaved the parking lot within the last year.

I should have taken a few pictures to share but there wasn't much to see. It just looked like early plans of development. There were a few pieces of heavy machinery and painted grass. I work nearby and shop at that Meijer regularly so I will try to get some pictures posted in the next few days.

I drove by at lunch and it definitely looks like superchargers. I did take some pictures. They were working on running conduit.

The google maps shows where my blue car is parked (my wife usually drives the Tesla) so the actual location is about 6 parking spots east of the blue dot.

This location is great for I-69, US 24, 30, and 33 with lots of places to eat.

@BlueShift, is this enough to add to supercharge.info?

Attachments

• IMG_2336.JPG
    IMG_2336.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2337.JPG
    IMG_2337.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2340.PNG
    IMG_2340.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 204
@snokohn I haven't seen many chargers get built that quickly. If Fort Wayne Supercharger isn't ready I would suggest Lima Ohio Supercharger or stopping at Sweetwater music store. Sweetwater has an 80 amp charger, and you can go inside for lunch, free games, or browse their musical selection.

Awesome! I live near the Meijer on the east side of town, but I drive by that one everyday for work. There's the awesome Dream-makers dealership behind Meijer within walking distance, it's mostly Porsche, Ferrari, etc.

There is also a charger at the Baker Street restaurant at 4820 N Clinton St, Fort Wayne, IN 46825.

The conduit for the transformer is in place. There are 10 parking spaces, but not enough work is complete to count the number of stalls yet.

The other Tesla charger is at Joseph Decius. There are some small shops in Roanoke. I believe Sweetwater is the best one with the highest current, food and free activities available inside. We have charged at Baker Street and the charger is not the fastest (see PlugShare).
IMG_2342.JPG

I'm an engineer, like watching construction, and this charger is near my work. I'm happy documenting this charger for people who do not live in Fort Wayne. We do have Indiana Michigan Power'a time of day rate so to fill the car at home (S85) takes less than $4 for a full charge. Even with free supercharging it doesn't make sense to cross town to fill up the car. Your welcome to add your pictures and information as well. As a community we need to share our information as there aren't yet many people to talk to about electric cars and charging. Personally I have changed travel plans due to which superchargers are open and want people to have information to plan their trips.

I'm just trying to give you a hard time.

Even though I can charge at home, there have been many times where I needed a fast charge while in Fort Wayne to stay on the road. So this supercharger is welcomed. We also change travel plans based on where the superchargers are. We have been trying to make it up to northern parts of MI but without these new superchargers in Marshal and Lansing it is challenging (unless you stop at a destination charger but those still take too long). I'd love to be able to go to the UP.

May I ask where you work? I am a Software Engineer at Vocera and our office is off of Cook in one of the old ITT buildings. We probably arent too far from each other.

...We do have Indiana Michigan Power'a time of day rate so to fill the car at home (S85) takes less than $4 for a full charge. ...

Wait! I have I&M service in South Bend and wasn't even aware that they have time of day plan. I found a rate plan pdf with some 'experimental' plan - 14.924¢/2.874¢ per kWh (on/off peak) for the first 2,500 customers to sign up. Is that what you have?

Wait! I have I&M service in South Bend and wasn't even aware that they have time of day plan. I found a rate plan pdf with some 'experimental' plan - 14.924¢/2.874¢ per kWh (on/off peak) for the first 2,500 customers to sign up. Is that what you have?

That is exactly what I moved to. Everyone goes to work/school during the day (I also don't run the heat or AC either) so the house uses about 200 kWh on peak and 200kWh off so the house is a wash vs the flat rate plan. We drive a lot so the Tesla is about 600kWh all at night. This rate plan cuts our electric rates in half vs a flat rate about 8 cents per kWh. I called the power company, had to agree not to move back for a year, and they changed my meter. I might ask for a general service rate next year as I believe I'm always going to be above 1,000 kWh per month. The night rate stays the same and the daytime drops to a lower rate. Send me a direct message if you want any more info.