Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Worth, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the SC yesterday and it looks like it might be ready to open soon. A few of the pedestals were uncovered and I tried to charge at one but it is not live yet.
IMG_1270.JPG

according to the permit we have been tracking for the electrical work, looks like the inspections were "finaled" and closed on 6/20 :)
Maybe we'll see some progress soon?

My work involves dealing with Oncor and CoFW on a daily basis, both march to the beat of their own drum. With that being said, I have never seen power connect/reconnect take this long. A quick look at the electric permit shows there is still a hold.

***DO NOT RELEASE POWER UNTIL BUILDING PERMIT IS FINALED PB18-02691 IS EXPIRED AND NO CONTRACOTR IS LISTED

Applied | Lock | 06/24/2019***

When I looked up that building permit number, under 'Payments -> Fees', there were two additional payments made on 7/11/19. All of the previous payments had to do with the original build in 2018. It looks like CoFW building inspections wanted some more money, even though the 'building' was not changed. Either way, the building inspections should have required that payment upfront, instead of placing a hold on the 'Green Tag' electrical being released to the PoCo (Oncor) to reconnect power. That is just how CoFW rolls.

If I was betting money on it, the power will be back on by the end of the month.

Anyone who wants to follow it on the CoFW permitting site can do so here:
Accela Citizen Access

For the most recent electrical, which was final and released to Oncor on 6/20 - search 'PE19-02420'

For the most recent building permit, which is where any new activity will be - search 'PB18-02691'

Someone in building permitting put the kibosh on the electric release until more money was paid to building permitting. That is pretty lame, imo. It probably has something to do with getting a new CO for the 'building' ... it hurts my head thinking about it. Anyhow, the permit fees were paid on the 11th and the last entry to the building permit was on 7/12 at 1:28PM. That last entry appears to be 'reopening' the original building permit, now the owner(s) will need to have a 'final' inspection for that permit. Common sense suggests that it should be rubber stamped, since nothing changed except some electrical components... which have already been approved/released by the electrical inspection department.

Pretty soon it will all just be water under the bridge, am I wrong?

Anyone who wants to follow it on the CoFW permitting site can do so here:
Accela Citizen Access

For the most recent electrical, which was final and released to Oncor on 6/20 - search 'PE19-02420'

For the most recent building permit, which is where any new activity will be - search 'PB18-02691'

Someone in building permitting put the kibosh on the electric release until more money was paid to building permitting. That is pretty lame, imo. It probably has something to do with getting a new CO for the 'building' ... it hurts my head thinking about it. Anyhow, the permit fees were paid on the 11th and the last entry to the building permit was on 7/12 at 1:28PM. That last entry appears to be 'reopening' the original building permit, now the owner(s) will need to have a 'final' inspection for that permit. Common sense suggests that it should be rubber stamped, since nothing changed except some electrical components... which have already been approved/released by the electrical inspection department.

Pretty soon it will all just be water under the bridge, am I wrong?

Crossing my fingers! Thanks for the update.

Someone in building permitting put the kibosh on the electric release until more money was paid to building permitting.
Anyhow, the permit fees were paid on the 11th and the last entry to the building permit was on 7/12 at 1:28PM. That last entry appears to be 'reopening' the original building permit, now the owner(s) will need to have a 'final' inspection for that permit.

I don’t read the details this way. It reads to me like the original permit is on hold (was never released) because of ‘incomplete site plans’ and the electrical permit has been held (‘locked’) because of that. Am I reading this wrong?

I don’t read the details this way. It reads to me like the original permit is on hold (was never released) because of ‘incomplete site plans’ and the electrical permit has been held (‘locked’) because of that. Am I reading this wrong?

I agree, the information found in the 'View Comments/Conditions' section are not super clear. In fact, are the comments even in chronological order? Hard to say since many of the comments do not have dates on them. The site plans were mentioned in those 'comments' several times, though it is hard to tell if the issue was hashed out.

On the electric permit the official reason for the lock is that the building permit is expired and no contractor is listed. The permit is not expired any longer. Payments were made earlier this month (after the lock was placed on the electric release) and the building permit is listed as 'issued'.

DO NOT RELEASE POWER UNTIL BUILDING PERMIT IS FINALED PB18-02691 IS EXPIRED AND NO CONTRACOTR IS LISTED
Applied | Lock | 06/24/2019

The contractor listed on the building permit is a bogus/internal CoFW entered 'place holder'. If you search the contractor number in Accela it returns hundreds of results where 'OUT TO BID' is listed as the building contractor, including some commercial buildings that have been approved.

Licensed Professional Information:
Bldg - Contractor RB009727

Licensee Detail
License Type:

Bldg - Contractor

State License Number:
RB009727

Name:
OUT TO BID OUT TO BID

License State:
TX

Address:
OUT TO BID
OUT TO BID
OUT TO BID OUT TO BID

Business Name:
OUT TO BID

Business License Expiration Date:
06/30/2099

E-mail:
[email protected]

Sounds like someone really screwed up royally! How many months has it been? Unbelievable!

Seven or eight months IIRC. The most aggravating part is the zero sense of urgency to get it back up and running coupled with absolutely no official explanations or projected time frame. Please correct me if I am wrong about the last part.

The transformer fire led to a massive finger pointing game and investigation, that's understandable. That appears to have been done, new equipment installed, electrical inspection passed, now what is the holdup?

If I go online and buy a CHAdeMO adapter right now, the supercharger station will be open tomorrow. BTW - The CHAdeMO adapter is currently at $600. When did that happen?

Seven or eight months IIRC. The most aggravating part is the zero sense of urgency to get it back up and running coupled with absolutely no official explanations or projected time frame. Please correct me if I am wrong about the last part.

The transformer fire led to a massive finger pointing game and investigation, that's understandable. That appears to have been done, new equipment installed, electrical inspection passed, now what is the holdup?

If I go online and buy a CHAdeMO adapter right now, the supercharger station will be open tomorrow. BTW - The CHAdeMO adapter is currently at $600. When did that happen?
That's the price in Canadian dollars, which is displayed if you're on the webpage with Canada set as the location. Try looking at the US store page for it. It's still US$450. (If that link didn't take you to the US page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the flag to set the location)

Reactions: SammichLover