Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Worth, TX - Clearfork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if they could bring the gallery back after today's Tesla update. I guess it is based on whether or not they still have the lease for a while. This round of price cuts and store closings seemed very poor in the planning department overall. Might as well get the FSD price cut while it still is $2k. I expect it to be way more expensive if they get it fully functional later.

I wonder if they could bring the gallery back after today's Tesla update. I guess it is based on whether or not they still have the lease for a while. This round of price cuts and store closings seemed very poor in the planning department overall. Might as well get the FSD price cut while it still is $2k. I expect it to be way more expensive if they get it fully functional later.

Could be the Clearfork gallery was an underperforming location. We walked the entire area this past Friday evening and the whole place was pretty busy, except where the Tesla store was located. There's a lot more reason to go to the complex now than just several months ago, as more businesses open up and attract people. Warm weather also helps (as it was on Friday); I've driven through the place on cold nights and it was pretty dead.

Anyone know of any updates to this site? Hoping it opens soon! Went to the zoo last week from McKinney - didn't get a chance to drive by though.
No change. The permit is still showing as approved but not yet issued on the Ft. Worth tracking portal. However, though I've no direct information on the matter, my guess is that this location is actually on hold by the Ft. Worth building department until they are fully satisfied regarding the possible causes of the fire at the Whitmore St. supercharger. Hopefully the forensic investigation/analysis that they were requiring there has already been completed. So, if my supposition is correct, you won't likely see any movement on this location until the Whitmore St. site is back to operation.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
No change. The permit is still showing as approved but not yet issued on the Ft. Worth tracking portal. However, though I've no direct information on the matter, my guess is that this location is actually on hold by the Ft. Worth building department until they are fully satisfied regarding the possible causes of the fire at the Whitmore St. supercharger. Hopefully the forensic investigation/analysis that they were requiring there has already been completed. So, if my supposition is correct, you won't likely see any movement on this location until the Whitmore St. site is back to operation.

Wow - I had no idea. Thanks for the update! Hopefully all will be resolved soon.

Yes, Monahans is back online and that's in the other thread. This one discusses Clearfork, which has no construction activity.

Correction to above:

Whitmore Street in Fort Worth is the existing 16 station urban supercharger now back online after having been down eight months due to an electrical fire.

Monahans is the street address for the proposed supercharger in the Clearfork shopping village.

Thanks -- brain lapse on my part.

You're welcome. An affliction I am not immune to, so I understand perfectly.

I'm pleased to have Whitmore back online. It's not that far from home, but I don't expect to use it much. However, I have friends who can't charge at home, who live nearby, and will benefit from having this station back up and running. Not to mention many who pass through DFW now have one more choice upon either entering or leaving the area.

Monahans will be another thing altogether, if it ever gets off the ground. The Clearfork area is just starting to reach critical mass; I think it will be a good choice for a supercharger over the long haul. But if it's at the very top of a six level parking garage, it will be the determined or desperate who trek up there to charge.

Reactions: TexasDuke
But there is still another large apartment complex being built in the Clearfork complex (Looks like it is now weather-tight - so still being worked). That new complex might be the impetus to actually finish this install.

Recently - Just for giggles (and waiting for the SO to do some shopping) I drove by the Wall Chargers on the first floor of the parking garage just to see if they had been re-marked/changed. They are all still marked as reserved for Tesla store use only.

• Informative
Reactions: wjax and CarlS
No. Given it predates the Whitmore Street Supercharger, I think this one is abandoned.

Found a “new” permit from March for a new building permit at the same address as this Supercharger, probably an update to original permit. I can’t get any more details than what you can see on the photo because there’s no link on the permit number. 2nd listing (couldn’t crop the photo any more)

2513EBE7-215A-44B9-80E8-17456EC81A01.jpeg