Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been to these SC already.

* San Juan Cap
* San Diego Qualcomm
* Redondo Beach
* Los Angeles (Culver City)
* Rancho Cucamunga

I have to say the Fountain Valley seems to be the most visible and easiest to find. These others are hidden in some corner of a mall or small street, not highly visible to the main street.

I sure hope they add more stations.

Stopped by today 8/19/15 and found a Tesla technician, who pulled up in a red S full of tools, working on the Supercharger:

ScFVRedTesla150819.jpg

The farther dispenser of the line of 2 was lit up, so clearly power is available, but the others were not lit at that moment. He was inside the car on a laptop, so maybe he was diagnosing them one by one.

When we spoke, he said it'll be ready in "a couple weeks" because they need inspection by the Fire Department, who may specify changes. Seems a little late to make changes, so I'm guessing he wanted to downplay expectations.

Stopped by today 8/19/15 and found a Tesla technician, who pulled up in a red S full of tools, working on the Supercharger:

View attachment 91205

The farther dispenser of the line of 2 was lit up, so clearly power is available, but the others were not lit at that moment. He was inside the car on a laptop, so maybe he was diagnosing them one by one.

When we spoke, he said it'll be ready in "a couple weeks" because they need inspection by the Fire Department, who may specify changes. Seems a little late to make changes, so I'm guessing he wanted to downplay expectations.

I want that for a Company car!

I've been to these SC already.

* San Juan Cap
* San Diego Qualcomm
* Redondo Beach
* Los Angeles (Culver City)
* Rancho Cucamunga

I have to say the Fountain Valley seems to be the most visible and easiest to find. These others are hidden in some corner of a mall or small street, not highly visible to the main street.

I sure hope they add more stations.

Hehe - you want hard to find? Try Hawthorne (especially when Nav routes you
to a closed gate on Jack Northrop Way and then right on Crenshaw when Rocket Drive is to the left)
or Oxnads, where unless and until you zoom out and head for the flag, Nav will route you inbetween two buildings hundreds of yards away and proudly announce that you have arrived.

Agreed re Rancho Cuc and SJC. At least the Redondo SC is right off the 405 - and the host property has delicious spinach salads; that said, I drove by it while it was under construction and had no idea it was even there.

Am excited about Fountain Valley coming online shortly - finally OC will have more than 1 SC.

If they follow through with the plan, as explained to me by a service writer, to enable "all SvCs with SCs and HPWCs by December", that will add an extra layer of (albethey restricted) options for those in need.

Stopped by at noon 8/20/15 to see the dispensers with protective plastic because the crew was repainting the PetSmart exterior. My son and I then had lunch at the O-Udon restaurant; it's a good Japanese noodle place, so I can recommend trying it out when you guys charge. Then we shopped at Costco and returned to shoot this picture:

ScFVPainted150820.jpg

Nothing says Keep Out like a Lane Closed sign and yellow tape. Seems like work on the hardware has been finished for a while (the post has an LED lamp now), so we continue to see activity on trimmings like sod and paint while awaiting government approval.

I just stopped by there as I was out and about, and the signs / cones / etc were all gone, so I pulled into a spot and checked the supercharger.. low and behold they are turned on and everything appears to be in full operation! It's not showing on the nav system, but it worked just fine. As you can see I didn't really need the charge so I can't say anything about power consumption, etc. Here's a couple pics:

Screenshot_2015-08-25-17-00-36.png

IMAG1821.jpg

It is great that this is the 500 supercharger to officially open at least according to supercharge.info!

just stopped by to check it out! It is open! I wished Tesla had made a big grand opening for this station.

They're usually later than when it is "discovered" by TMC members.

There were three others when I dropped by today.

Checking that the "handicapped access, use last" space works. Good thinking, since
that space might be very rarely used and nobody would notice if it was non-functional.

If there are 500 SC locations worldwide, and almost 100,000 Model S manufactured,
that is one location for each 200 cars. Perhaps 30 cars per day per location
if every car SC'ed once a week. Of course, averages are often misleading.

I look forward to visiting this nice SC location again, this time without
the construction fences. Well done (again), Tesla!!

@garygid
I did not even see the sign till it was mentioned by your post. I was there only few minutes anyways just to check it out. I have to also say thanks to Tesla and all the construction crew for expanding the supercharger network.

@garygid
I did not even see the sign till it was mentioned by your post. I was there only few minutes anyways just to check it out. I have to also say thanks to Tesla and all the construction crew for expanding the supercharger network.

Funny, I was there yesterday and didn't notice the sign too.

Setup like Mountain View then, with a designated handicapped spot, unless all stalls full...

Guess 4A will be first choice. [emoji3]