Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using it now at 58 kw. All 7 operating spots full, the construction crew was very helpful in directing me into the last open spot. Looks like another 7 to 9 are being added.

Attachments

• 3775F00C-FA8C-4061-B582-FDC4D944298E.jpeg
    3775F00C-FA8C-4061-B582-FDC4D944298E.jpeg
    394.4 KB · Views: 131
There are other communities in North OC that are vying with Tesla to locate superchargers in their area... (as well as Long Beach.)
Yes, I have seen a few others on Tesla's radar. My dream is that one day, someone in this route can stop by and always find a spot without having to wait. I know that I always sound like a Debbie-Downer for this region, but it has been bad since the build out started. This FV expansion should give some much needed relief and I am relieved to see it.

From Reddit, it looks like the construction for the expansion of the FV Supercharger has begun.

Photo Galley from the Reddit Thread

MRs6UnK.jpg

Photo credit: u/kutrod

Hmm that one tight SC location. Hard for backing out or backing in as it is, imagine now car charging on both asle.

They need another somewhere near Beach Blvd off the 405 and near Irvine Spectrum to help offset all of these people.

Hmm that one tight SC location. Hard for backing out or backing in as it is, imagine now car charging on both asle.

They need another somewhere near Beach Blvd off the 405 and near Irvine Spectrum to help offset all of these people.
It is a standard parking lot, with the expansion just moving into existing spaces. Plenty of room. So, if regular folk can park there at any time, then certainly Teslas with their HD rear-view cameras can easily back in.

Reactions: smilepak
I was in the area today (but didn't need to charge), on my navigation display, it showed the Supercharger symbol with a line through it. When you clicked on it, it said "Reduced Service." I actually exited the 405 and went down Talbert to take a look. All the stalls look like they're up. I guess they're doing cabling and stuff. Probably not long until the new stalls are operational. I only have charged their once, and yeah...it was a crapshow.

I was in the area today (but didn't need to charge), on my navigation display, it showed the Supercharger symbol with a line through it. When you clicked on it, it said "Reduced Service."
I saw the reduced service message too. Both Saturday and Sunday. I think FV is notorious lately for slow charges, so perhaps this means Tesla is now acknowledging that. Alternatively, maybe their software is already seeing the additional stalls, and sees that they are all down.

Okay guys, enough venting about locals using Superchargers, this has been discussed ad nauseum for years now. I know the topic is tangentially related to this particular Supercharger, but it can apply to many many Superchargers. I would rather not, once again, split posts into a separate thread. But I will if we keep arguing about that topic... :cool:

Reactions: Doug Martoccia