Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by today 8/7/15 for some pictures as I newly frequent this Souplantation.

ScFVDispensers150807.jpg

The cabinet shed now has stucco to match the PetSmart and a new door to secure those Tesla cabinets inside. Perhaps that camouflage was part of the deal. The dispensers don't look much different since earlier this week. Meanwhile the pad isn't done:

ScFVPad150807.jpg

but progress is clear since the conduit is now covered with dirt. I could believe that it'll be ready to accept a transformer next week.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting new pics dauger! I am excited to see progress. I guess the next critical step would be getting the transformer installed! Hope that happens within next week and work at this site does not come to hault now that significant progress has been made.

Anyone has any what might be the timeline from here on out?

Stopped by today 8/11/2015 to take some pictures. I spoke to a worker who said the transformer was installed yesterday:

ScFVTransformer150811.jpg

The worker was not at liberty to say how long before it will go online. Based on earlier SC's, how many days after transformer installation does that SC go online?

By the way, the fellow said that about 10 Tesla owners per week visit here, and he worked on Redondo Beach and El Centro Superchargers, and I thanked him. The dispensers don't look too different. Just new asphalt for the line of 2.

ScFVDispensers150811.jpg

I call dibs on the closest one to the tree! :rolleyes: Just kidding. If only I could.

Wow. Looks done. Does not look powered-up though. I'll be down that way this weekend and may swing by. This SC will help me a lot. All I would need is about 10 minutes to keep my drive home comfortable. 45 minutes if I shop at Costco. I move through that store like a freight train. I am always on a mission to get in and out of there as fast as humanly possible. Strictly business. My only distraction there are the big screen TV's.

Stopped by today 8/14/15 to snap these photos. New railings around the transformer that was installed Monday.

ScFVTransformer150814.jpg

New lines are painted on the lot, and a new fire extinguisher on the cabinet shed. The crew was present erecting a light pole over the line of 2 dispensers:

ScFVLightPole150814.jpg

This explains the cylinder of rebar in earlier pictures, forming the base of that post. It makes sense they wouldn't activate power until all the electrical devices are installed. When I asked about status, they said "very soon" but were busily working. I didn't want to distract them, for their safety.

I left for lunch, then returned to see the crew packing up all the fences. After some unnecessary Costco shopping, I could see crew still packing up, so I couldn't stay long enough to sneak onto the property. The lamp on the post was not yet installed, so it seems they'll finish that Monday.

If the folks who test Supercharger operation works on Saturdays, I could believe it would be online tomorrow. Otherwise, I think Monday at the earliest.

Stopped there today 8/17/15. The crew is installing new sod between the chargers and Newhope.

ScFVNewSod.jpg

When I spoke with the crew they said it'll be a few more days, seemingly hinting that it might be early next week.

It so happens an SCE rep was there, and he said SCE has completed its part of the job, so what's left is work by this crew and Tesla staff. Then we started chatting about Tesla and asked how I liked my car and about the upcoming Model X. He said his son is a TM engineer.