Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How busy was Westminster showing in the nav at the time? With 24 stalls there, the turn over should be faster and it's only a like 2 or 3 miles away.

I had 10 range miles left and was needing to go south. I would have attempted to go but the nav was showing 2/24 open. Plus it would of added 15 min there 15 min back in traffic. Thankfully when I plugged in I got 96-97 kW for a whole 3 min then dropped down to ~50kW for a min and then climbed to low 70s.

Typical locals shopping at Costco and leaving there cart there by the supercharger. Very lucky a spot left since I’m driving from out of town. Looks like there is a mobile waterless car wash service being offered via third party vendor

Attachments

• 099DDC85-C04E-4A25-8125-383BDE40B871.jpeg
    099DDC85-C04E-4A25-8125-383BDE40B871.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 141
Just an FYI there is a whole section dedicated to California superchargers here is for FV
Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

In general before expansion this place always was busy even after expansion it’s still busy as located near a Costco and lot of local charging ..u have many options in the area though for supercharging as OC/LA has good density of chargers ..you may be better off going up to Westminster which has 24 urban chargers a little slower but if no wait u will be better off

Just an FYI there is a whole section dedicated to California superchargers here is for FV

In general before expansion this place always was busy even after expansion it’s still busy as located near a Costco and lot of local charging ..u have many options in the area though for supercharging as OC/LA has good density of chargers ..you may be better off going up to Westminster which has 24 urban chargers a little slower but if no wait u will be better off

Thanks for the intel. Thought about heading up there but wasn’t in a rush this morning. Definitely try Westminster next time.

Reactions: P85_DA