Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 405 can be a nightmare too. I frequently take the 5 but time my travels so as to avoid rush hour. The only slow spot is near the Valley View exit due to all that construction. Once that clears up things should be a lot better.

I have to say I've taken the 5 all different hours and always bottlenecks up in LA numerous times and numerous spots. Never worth the hassle for us. 405 slows down by LAX and that is usually it.

Does anyone know what is the average built time for a SC is? I mean besides the SD and SJC that took forever, how long does it usually take? According to supercharge.info website, some SC were only in construction 3-4 weeks.

Does anyone know what is the average built time for a SC is? I mean besides the SD and SJC that took forever, how long does it usually take? According to supercharge.info website, some SC were only in construction 3-4 weeks.

It's faster (3-4 weeks) for smaller sites in rural areas, but the biggest uncertainty is the time from completion of construction to transformer installation and hooking up to the grid.

Latest photos at the FV SC. The pedestal footings are mostly complete, being backfilled with soil. Conduit installations for the chargers near finished. The big cement block footing for the utility power transformer is now in place. Photos were taken Thursday 7/16 at about 6PM. Much progress this week. (I could use a little advice on how to put some white space between the photos, so it's clear where one ends and the next begins, and also how to select and upload a block of photos. Tks in advance.)

FVSC150716-1.JPG
FVSC150716-2.JPG
FVSC150716-3.JPG
FVSC150716-4.JPG
FVSC150716-5.JPG
FVSC150716-6.JPG
FVSC150716-7.JPG
FVSC150716-8.JPG
FVSC150716-9.JPG
FVSC150716-10.JPG

I stopped by Friday (7/17/15) afternoon, and I think progress this week is respectable. I count eight black-bagged supercharger "dispenser"s.
ScFV8Bagged.jpg

In the corner where the line of 2 and 6 stalls meet there is a bunch of conduit is sticking out. Also note that the trenches are refilled.
ScFVTrenchesFilled.jpg

Last edited:
Latest photos at the FV SC. The pedestal footings are mostly complete, being backfilled with soil. Conduit installations for the chargers near finished. The big cement block footing for the utility power transformer is now in place. Photos were taken Thursday 7/16 at about 6PM. Much progress this week. (I could use a little advice on how to put some white space between the photos, so it's clear where one ends and the next begins, and also how to select and upload a block of photos. Tks in advance.)

View attachment 87806

View attachment 87807

Thanks for the Pictures!

Just put a blank line between the picture meta tags. For example, the above quote of your post has

"[ATT.CH=CONFIG]87806[/ATT.CH][ATT.CH=CONFIG]87807[/ATT.CH]"​

replaced with

"[ATT.CH=CONFIG]87806[/ATT.CH]

[ATT.CH=CONFIG]87807[/ATT.CH]"​

to put a blank line between the photos.

"ATTACH" is replaced with "ATT.CH" in my description to avoid invocation of the metatag.

I stopped by Friday (7/17/15) afternoon, and I think progress this week is respectable. I count eight black-bagged supercharger "dispenser"s.
View attachment 87816
In the corner where the line of 2 and 6 stalls meet there is a bunch of conduit is sticking out. Also note that the trenches are refilled.
View attachment 87817

I hope this is not another design flaw but I don't see how a car can back up to the charger furthest right on the top picture posted. It looks like a car has to back in but there is no room to the right of that last charger pedestal! Hope I am wrong about this or there will only be 7 functional chargers!

I hope this is not another design flaw but I don't see how a car can back up to the charger furthest right on the top picture posted. It looks like a car has to back in but there is no room to the right of that last charger pedestal! Hope I am wrong about this or there will only be 7 functional chargers!

I think that it may be a head in stall that's not completed.

Notice that the distribution centers are on pallets, so that is not their final location.

Latest photos at the FV SC.

Great photos, wnb, my friend. To get them, somehow you are penetrating the perimeter formed by the fence. I am sure you are careful.

How far does the distribution HV have to be extended to reach the new transformer? At Victoria Gardens, Ranch Cucamonga, the HV had to be extended about 100 yards, which was quite a big deal in itself, but probably at this location the distance will be much less.

The I15 and the San Fernando Valley also are waiting for Tesla's love to reach them. Whenever I plot a trial route north or north west from Claremont with less than 80% charge, the car includes Culver City SC in the route, which is completely out of the way with tons of extra traffic. For an actual trip I would have no trouble reaching Oxnard SC, Tejon Ranch SC, or Mojave SC with 90% initial charge from my HPWC.

Last edited: