Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Framingham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by on 11Apr, and they have poured the concrete pad for everything to sit on.

So progress is being made!

I find it interesting that the posts for the fence are embedded in the concrete pad.

Attachments

• FramSC.jpg
    FramSC.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 158
Indeed. It's looking very close to completion. 10 pedestals are in, with 2 more to go (1 pull-in, 11 back-in). The transformer is on site, and the pad for the cabinets is ready to go. They just need to put in the cabinets and install lighting and it should be done.

They picked a good location in the parking lot - easy access from the road, but far enough from the stores that ICEing shouldn't be a problem except on the busiest of shopping days.

2018-04-28 10.09.57.jpg
2018-04-28 10.08.04.jpg
2018-04-28 10.07.59.jpg

Stopped by today and noticed a Sun Bug Solar truck and worker parked at the construction site. Anyone know whether this supercharger will include solar panels?

I guess it could also be the case that Sun Bug Solar is just a member of Tesla's network of local contractors, and they are merely farming out electrical work to them, but it would still be cool if this highly visible, high-traffic Supercharger location included a solar array as well.

I would be surprised if they didn't have Solar City doing any solar installations. I didn't see any infrastructure at the site to indicate intentions to mount a solar canopy or anything of the sort, so I'm guessing not. I would think they could pretty easily to a 5KW array above the equipment cage here and at most sites, but that's just a drop in the bucket compared to what these consume.

Any chance this site is complete for my Boston trip on May 29th?
It might be. I drove by yesterday and it looks not much different from the pictures a week ago.

But you'll have plenty of Superchargers available on your trip in on the Rte. 90 (the Mass Pike), and depending upon where you end up in Boston, there are several urban SCs to choose from.

And if you don't have a CHAdeMO adapter, that free charge will cost you $450 to get an adapter first....

I'm curious - how often have people used CHAdeMO adapters in the wild? Does anyone consider it an essential accessory for road trips these days?

EDIT: related - I wonder if there was an ability to borrow or rent one of these for a long distance road trips and to have options "just in case"?

And if you don't have a CHAdeMO adapter, that free charge will cost you $450 to get an adapter first....

I'm curious - how often have people used CHAdeMO adapters in the wild? Does anyone consider it an essential accessory for road trips these days?

EDIT: related - I wonder if there was an ability to borrow or rent one of these for a long distance road trips and to have options "just in case"?
I use it every month or two at the Hannaford's Chademo stations in Lowell or Marlborough for trips down 495 from NH. If we get a supercharger in Chelmsford (3 & 495) and near the Pike/495 junction I'll probably put it on eBay.

Well, it just so happens that there is a CHAdeMO rental option. Note - I've never used it, but I believe others on this forum have.

CHAdeMo charging for Tesla - Adapter, Rent by the week

Personally I've never felt the need to have this adapter, and if the SC network keeps growing like it has then I think it's unlikely I'll ever want it.