Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Framingham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to tell, I haven't actually seen them working on it, and everything looks done as far as I can tell. I'm not sure what they're waiting for.
I work about 2 miles away in Natick. After we finishing installing some EVSEs, it took the town inspector about 3 weeks to come to approve things. I don't think Framingham is any more efficient.

I work about 2 miles away in Natick. After we finishing installing some EVSEs, it took the town inspector about 3 weeks to come to approve things. I don't think Framingham is any more efficient.

Is Framingham Eversource territory? They have held up final connection in the past (ie, it could be the inspector or the utility causing the delay). It took a while from them to make the final connections at Hooksett.

If someone goes by, check to see if there's a meter installed (probably on the transformer) and if it has power (is displaying numbers). If not, it's probably a utility issue. If the meter is there and powered, it's probably waiting on inspection.

Yup, Eversource. I stopped by yesterday. I didn't see a meter installed -- but I also didn't see anyplace that looks like it was waiting for a meter to be installed. In fact, it did look like the installation of most of the equipment was complete. There was a big conduit coming out of the ground with nothing in it still. The fence is still not up.

Yup, Eversource. I stopped by yesterday. I didn't see a meter installed -- but I also didn't see anyplace that looks like it was waiting for a meter to be installed. In fact, it did look like the installation of most of the equipment was complete. There was a big conduit coming out of the ground with nothing in it still. The fence is still not up.
The meter is probably mounted to the transformer, the green cube in @minderbinder's picture, from upthread. The transformer is outside the fence that encloses Tesla's equipment.

The inputs/output of the transformer come out of the pad underneath it. Where is the empty conduit coming up? The equipment pad inside the fence, or the ground? If it's coming out of the ground, I'm guessing it's the feed to the transformer.

2018-04-28-10-08-04-jpg.297424

They still need to put up the wall around their equipment. (Some sites skip that, but the posts make it clear a wall is intended here.) They also need to stripe the parking spaces and put up the Tesla-only signs. Beyond that, I don't see anything missing except the meter and site cleanup.

I also noticed there are still some pieces of what might be conduit sticking out of the ground, so not sure what's up with those.

I think those are irrigation hoses. I believe they dug them up when they were trenching. Looks like the landscaping work is still to come.

Did you notice if they had installed light poles? There appeared to be piers for those when I took pictures earlier. That could be one more thing they're waiting for.

Yes, they are irrigation hoses, so that work is still to do.

The posts look like they are for signs, not light poles. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are adding additional lighting.

The meter is still not installed.
20180604_173909a.jpg

(for some reason, the attachment is not showing up. it's just a picture of the missing meter with my LEAF parked at the SC)

Yes, those posts are definitely for the "Tesla charging only" signs. I don't think they need to add any additional lighting at this site. I see the new stripes painted, so it's looking mostly ready. I would say the only real issues are the meter and Eversource. The signs will just take an hour to put up. Getting close!

Reactions: Bokonon