Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Framingham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Natick Mall has HPWCs that are "Authorized Vehicles Only," typically with a cone blocking the spot. If you move the cone and park, they say it's OK in the store, but it's not encouraged. I'll be tempted if I have to shop in December when the parking is crowded. They also have charging in two other parking areas one using Chargepoint and the other using Volta (which is new to me). I think they're free, but only one spot each, so good luck actually getting to charge.

The gentleman in this post claims the Natick Mall already has Urban Superchargers.
2018 New England Super Chargers
They are plain HPWCs, not Urban SuperChargers.

In fact, in his post he actually just said "urban chargers" (whatever those are); you've pointed to his post and said he claims they are "SuperChargers".

So, he's confused, and you are adding to that confusion.

Last edited:
The Natick Mall has HPWCs that are "Authorized Vehicles Only," typically with a cone blocking the spot. If you move the cone and park, they say it's OK in the store, but it's not encouraged. I'll be tempted if I have to shop in December when the parking is crowded. They also have charging in two other parking areas one using Chargepoint and the other using Volta (which is new to me). I think they're free, but only one spot each, so good luck actually getting to charge.

There are two ChargPoint plugs near the food court that are often ICEd and 5 Volta plugs spread in the parking near the Wegmans that have a better chance of being open because they have signed limiting the spaces to EV only. Both are free, the Volta ones do not require any registration, just plug and charge.

• Informative
Reactions: pcrow and jlv1
They are plain HPWCs, not Urban SuperChargers.

In fact, in his post he actually just said "urban chargers" (whatever those are); you've pointed to his post and said he claims they are "SuperChargers".

So, he's confused, and you are adding to that confusion.
I do want to reiterate that the hint I got from the Northeast Tesla Supercharger team member was that perhaps maybe one of these days we might find Urban Superchargers deployed in the Natick mall. It didn't seem imminent, but it did sound like it was on the radar. My thinking is that at some point they might convert the Tesla Store HPWC's to full Urban Supercharger stalls as one location option (a good one since they are located near the premium shopping portion of the mall). The other being in the Wegmans garage where the old Tesla HPWC's were before they moved.

But this is all speculation at this point, with no hard data indicating a timeline other than a nod and a wink from the Tesla SC rep.

Reactions: st50maint and jlv1
I am at the Framingham Super Charger. I do not think that they are being metered for electricity. This is what the meter box looks like. Weird!

Attachments

• 75A61091-6C2C-44A1-ABF3-ADCAA65F22C6.jpeg
    75A61091-6C2C-44A1-ABF3-ADCAA65F22C6.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 0568457E-623D-4F66-B8C7-5F6FD7EF3E20.jpeg
    0568457E-623D-4F66-B8C7-5F6FD7EF3E20.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP and Acps110
or reaches half full for any part of your idle time. The fee is waived if you are idling within 5 minutes.
Supercharger Idle Fee
I just read the Supercharger Idle Fee for the first time and noticed a US fee of 40 cents does not mention a time period. I assume it is $0.40 per minute because charging that amount per hour is too small a penalty. Gee, why don't they list it as a rate ($ per minute) to avoid any ambiguity? Of course, there's little excuse for idling when your phone's Tesla app advises when charge is nearly complete.

As someone who incurred the fee twice last year, I can confirm it is per minute. One we went for a walk and misjudged how far we could go and get back. The other was in NH and we decided to run over and get coffee when there was three cars and came back and there were four and we got charged for 5 minutes.

I am at the Framingham Super Charger. I do not think that they are being metered for electricity. This is what the meter box looks like. Weird!

I plan to get a charge at this SC tomorrow and have a theory about missing meters. Maybe after the meter pedalstyls were installed, there was a design change that takes advantage of remote readers. I was the first to arrive the other day at 10 am and took a photo. 12 stalls are amazing. Has anyone placed a nasty note at an ICEd stall?

Fram super charger.JPG

Has anyone at this charger ever gotten a good charge? I've tried several times (albeit all under 50°) but with a warm battery and the most I've ever gotten was 35kw ~120 mph. This includes moving spots and making sure I'm not splitting power. Last summer I visited a Burlington, VT charger and pulled down 400 mph+ Just wondering if its this location or something I should have inspected.

Hey Metrowest locals - have any new restaurants moved into John Harvard's or Joes? Any other places to eat nearby? I'm planning a late lunch//harge stop after picking up my wife at Logan, but found out both restaurants are closed permanently post-Covid.

Kinda bummed about JH's closing. We had many good times at the original Cambridge location back when I lived in Framingham. Then they opened the Framingham location 10 min from my house. Admittedly, the place went downhill in the last few years (I think it was bought out).

• Love
Reactions: JWardell and kayak1