Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Framingham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize. I did mistype.

Ahh, I kept it vague, in case the electrician you spoke to meant to say Maine instead of NH. Either way, progress is awesome, and if they knock out Framingham, Mansfield, and Kennebunk all before the 4th, that opens them up to get moving on some of the other eastern New England pins....

Seekonk, Wareham, Woburn.....
Old Lyme
Baileysville

Would be awesome if they could at least get all the currently-permitted sites finished this summer.

Ahh, I kept it vague, in case the electrician you spoke to meant to say Maine instead of NH. Either way, progress is awesome, and if they knock out Framingham, Mansfield, and Kennebunk all before the 4th, that opens them up to get moving on some of the other eastern New England pins....

Seekonk, Wareham, Woburn.....
Old Lyme
Baileysville

Would be awesome if they could at least get all the currently-permitted sites finished this summer.
Seekonk? Where is that one being situated? I don't see it on the map.

They can't move there yet. There's no known location or permit for it.

In Massachusetts, the rules are different in different towns. In some cases, a Supercharger requires site plan review by the local Planning Board, which results in public documents where permit information can be found (agendas and minutes at a minimum, but often full site plans). In some towns, it only requires building and electrical permits, so it's much harder to find out about them until someone stumbles across an active construction site. I don't know the rules in Waltham, and I haven't spoken with their Building Inspector, so I don't have any real information, but it's perfectly conceivable that we won't find out about it until construction starts.

(I'm the chair of the Planning Board in Ashland, MA.)

Reactions: ModelNforNerd
D46DAF72-CF00-4658-850E-334EFE06314B.jpeg
8FDD9C57-FEAF-4691-B471-F66BE586F2BF.jpeg
Framingham is up! #1 and #2 to charge alongside the Tesla employee model S in the background. (First image is Tesla taking one of several site go-live photos for there records).
Note I believe two of the stalls are not up yet - they were going to return tomorrow to get them up.

Last edited:
Also, while talking with the Tesla supercharger deployment team finishing up the testing on the site, the mentioned they had finished the Kennebunk ME site and Mansfield MA sites earlier today. He said they weren’t done and had another location to visit tomorrow ???

One other thing I thought rather interesting - it seems there just might be some ongoing negotiations at the native mall for future urban supercharges!