Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Franklin, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Franklin is NOT Live. Physically done, including a meter (powered up), but the site is not up. All pedestals dark (but numbered) and on the nav as temporary closure. Pavement work is also done. Perhaps the commissioning team found and issue. Soon….
FDEFACD6-93E9-4431-8D87-0EC7D904E2A6.jpeg
A6477790-EDF5-4916-BA78-18F022D8B620.jpeg
E96F6F53-BF92-47F8-BFA9-3DF8FC7BE676.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
Anyone here know anything about this? Mach-E charging here in Franklin before it was officially live? I wonder if the Tesla commissioning team now has a Mach-E and they’re using it to test new sites?

The Teslarati article has been updated to explain it's an L2 adapter for Tesla destination chargers and not compatible with L3/DCFC/Supercharging.

Basically, some shmoe posted a pointless picture to the interwebs in hope someone would pick it up and fall victim to their scam/joke, like Teslarati did.

That’s not a bad theory. Also could be that since it isn’t commissioned the handshake protocol isn’t live and the pedestal just blindly provides power? Sort of like when a new SC is powered up but not official and you can charge there without being billed.
That can't really happen. All L3/DC fast chargers (including Superchargers) provide DC, with the voltage and current limited under control of the car's BMS. Power doesn't turn on until the BMS says go. No handshake, no power.

Guilty... fell for it too. We use a Tesla-to-J1772 adapter at home ourselves to charge our Clarity off the Tesla wall connector. Should have considered this point.

But what about the statement that the car's charging active light was illuminated? Hard to tell (for me) in the picture since I've not seen a Mach-E charging personally.

Guilty... fell for it too. We use a Tesla-to-J1772 adapter at home ourselves to charge our Clarity off the Tesla wall connector. Should have considered this point.

But what about the statement that the car's charging active light was illuminated? Hard to tell (for me) in the picture since I've not seen a Mach-E charging personally.
Donno - I'm just going by the "Update: The Ford Mustang Mach-E is not being charged, as the adapter being used is not compatible with Supercharging, only Destination Chargers" that was added to the start of the article.

@Tdreamer, what adapter do you use? That could come in handy for the F-150 I have on order.

Reactions: EdA
Donno - I'm just going by the "Update: The Ford Mustang Mach-E is not being charged, as the adapter being used is not compatible with Supercharging, only Destination Chargers" that was added to the start of the article.

@Tdreamer, what adapter do you use? That could come in handy for the F-150 I have on order.
We have a TeslaTap adapter we got 3+ years ago. At that time I think there were only a couple on the market - now there are a variety of options.