Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted by one of our local owners-- this is hosted by the Sheetz gas station right off the I-79 Wexford exit. It'll relieve some of the potential congestion for the existing Cranberry Supercharger (which will become mostly turnpike traffic) as it's so ideally located that I-79 traffic will stop here instead.

Details on my blog: TeslaPittsburgh.com: Wexford Supercharger CONFIRMED!

1-IMG_4495.JPG

Spotted by one of our local owners-- this is hosted by the Sheetz gas station right off the I-79 Wexford exit. It'll relieve some of the potential congestion for the existing Cranberry Supercharger (which will become mostly turnpike traffic) as it's so ideally located that I-79 traffic will stop here instead.

Details on my blog: TeslaPittsburgh.com: Wexford Supercharger CONFIRMED!

It's interesting that this location doesn't appear on the Tesla Supercharger map as a Coming Soon location. Is there any chance it could be something else - generic chargers? Until we see boxes with the Tesla logo we can't be sure.

It's interesting that this location doesn't appear on the Tesla Supercharger map as a Coming Soon location. Is there any chance it could be something else - generic chargers? Until we see boxes with the Tesla logo we can't be sure.

That's a heckuva lot of conduit and a strange location for vending machines!

Seriously though, if you click through my blog and look at the Superchargers in West Middlesex and DuBois (among others), you'll see that the big white generic cabinets are a fixture at Superchargers and usually installed first, BEFORE the Supercharger cabinets we more closely associate with Tesla. I'll post updated pictures as this moves along, but these are definitely Superchargers going in.

Anyway-- here's pics of the other sites, NOT WEXFORD, for comparison. You can find more on older blog entries:
1-o6%2B%25282%2529.jpg
14-IMG_20170630_200012.jpg

Furthering the rumor mill... I was once told Tesla was working with Sheetz on a mass roll out of Superchargers with them.....then this pops up. Anyone else heard the Sheetz rumor?

If you go to Supercharge.info and check out the sites under construction in PA and WV you'll see that several of them are at Sheetz gas stations.

They also seem to have a couple coming at WaWas.

There's also Supermarkets: they're Supercharging a bunch of Meijers and also have multiple Hy-Vee sites.

I think that it's becoming easier for Tesla to get agreements.

Reactions: Quick2Judge
Seems to be pretty heavily speculative. So there's construction at a gas station and white electrical cabinets. No Tesla marks. No Tesla icons on the map. Not consistent with Tesla's rollout plans (urban areas + gap filling + region expansion, not two chargers separated by a short distance out in suburbia while meanwhile there's a major city with no superchargers in it right nearby). Calling it "Confirmed!" comes across as heavy wishful thinking.

Did you not take the time to go in and ask someone what they're building?

• Disagree
Reactions: Newscutter
Seems to be pretty heavily speculative. So there's construction at a gas station and white electrical cabinets. No Tesla marks. No Tesla icons on the map. Not consistent with Tesla's rollout plans (urban areas + gap filling + region expansion, not two chargers separated by a short distance out in suburbia while meanwhile there's a major city with no superchargers in it right nearby). Calling it "Confirmed!" comes across as heavy wishful thinking.

upload_2017-8-18_16-51-30.png

That's a dead giveaway right there, it's a spacer for the conduit leading to the charging stalls, compare to Chesapeake house pic:

upload_2017-8-18_16-56-9.png

I hear the smartphones in our pocket have a telephone app which you can use to talk to people. Maybe someone could try out that app and call them?

@KarenRei @emupilot

Wow, harsh much? ? So many Debbie Downers.

I've been scouting and watching superchargers get built since 2013 when they first started building them hidden behind hotels and other crap pieces of land. T E S L A Pittsburgh - YouTube

In the last few months we've been watching at least eight Sheetz locations get superchargers built on them in this region-- all with an identical sequence of steps and materials.

And anyone who's tried to hunt down these things (or a service center, for that matter-- which I also found long before it was on any map) knows that Tesla locked down their contractors and construction crews years ago. There's no point in asking. They'll stare out the window at a charger and refer you to the website that says it isn't there.

Oh, I still asked the guy beside the backhoe "how many" but he just pointed and shrugged. I got the message, they're not sticking their next out for me and risk losing a contract for the next one.

And I sent pictures of the completed Falls Creek supercharger to Sheetz and they still had no comment about whether it was even there-- and I had pictures of it done!

But you're welcome to call them up and try your luck: (724) 719-6591, I just haven't found that to be productive.

So I'll stand by my speculation until proven otherwise. The evidence speaks for itself to anyone who knows what they're looking for.

Wexford, PA

Along Interstates: I-79
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-19
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-79:
To: Cranberry, PA - 5.9 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Erie, PA - 107 miles

Neighbors:
Erie, PA (I-79,I-90,US-19): 107 miles
Falls Creek, PA (I-79,I-80,US-219): 121 miles
Irwin, PA (I-79,I-76,US-30): 45.3 miles
Morgantown, WV (I-79,I-68,US-119): 86.6 miles
Triadelphia, WV (I-79,I-70): 58.8 miles
Mt. Gilead, OH (I-79,I-76,I-71,OH-95): 175 miles
Lima, OH (I-79,I-76,I-71,US-30,OH-696,I-75,OH-117): 247 miles
Maumee, OH* (I-79,I-76,I-80,US-20): 216 miles
Toledo, OH* (I-79,I-76,I-80,I-280,I-75,OH-184): 219 miles
Macedonia, OH (I-79,I-76,I-80,OH-8): 99.4 miles
Hermitage, PA (I-79,I-76,OH-60,I-376,PA-760,PA-18): 52.4 miles
Cranberry, PA (I-79,US-19): 5.9 miles

Smaller diversion than Cranberry, PA from I-79.

* Macedonia, OH is a large enough diversion from I-80 that it's ignored by my neighbor calculation. (10.4 mile, 19 minute diversion just to get to the Supercharger).

UPDATE: TeslaPittsburgh.com: Here's the Pudding: "Franklin Park" Supercharger?

The goodies have arrived! (uh-hem)
2-IMG_4712.JPG

Also worth noting that it's entirely possible (and likely) that in Tesla parlance this will be called the "Franklin Park" Supercharger. The highway exit signage is for Wexford and it is generally regarded as that, but the physical location of the Sheetz is in Franklin Park Township (Wexford is on the other side of the interchange). So if a moderator could use their superpowers to rename this thread something like "Wexford / Franklin Park" that'd be great!
1-Capture.JPG

The crew there has been building Superchargers for months and it was related to me by several of them that people will take pictures from their cars and even ask to have chunks of the crates, but they'd never seen a Tesla up close or been able to talk to an owner. So I'm calling on anyone who sees a crew to at least smile, wave, shake a hand, say thanks... something!

These are good hard working people who are far from home (this crew is from Illinois and has been working as far as DC area).

We don't want to get in their way (I was only able to wave and shout a greeting to them last time because they were actively trenching and it was very loud), but don't treat them like wildlife on the side of the road either, just snapping pictures and pointing from your car.
1-IMG_4711.JPG

UPDATE: TeslaPittsburgh.com: Here's the Pudding: "Franklin Park" Supercharger?

The goodies have arrived! (uh-hem)
2-IMG_4712.JPG

Also worth noting that it's entirely possible (and likely) that in Tesla parlance this will be called the "Franklin Park" Supercharger. The highway exit signage is for Wexford and it is generally regarded as that, but the physical location of the Sheetz is in Franklin Park Township (Wexford is on the other side of the interchange). So if a moderator could use their superpowers to rename this thread something like "Wexford / Franklin Park" that'd be great!
1-Capture.JPG

The crew there has been building Superchargers for months and it was related to me by several of them that people will take pictures from their cars and even ask to have chunks of the crates, but they'd never seen a Tesla up close or been able to talk to an owner. So I'm calling on anyone who sees a crew to at least smile, wave, shake a hand, say thanks... something!

These are good hard working people who are far from home (this crew is from Illinois and has been working as far as DC area).

We don't want to get in their way (I was only able to wave and shout a greeting to them last time because they were actively trenching and it was very loud), but don't treat them like wildlife on the side of the road either, just snapping pictures and pointing from your car.
1-IMG_4711.JPG
Thanks for the report and pictures. Is that 5 SC cabinets? Ten stations?