TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Frankston, Vic

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Chuq, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

No location confirmed yet, but @jamesgo appeared to have a bit of an insight, going by his comment from the Camberwell thread:

Notably on Tesla's map, the marker is not over the generic place name, but the nearby highway intersection.

upload_2020-4-1_11-56-47.png

Perhaps the Karingal Hub would be a good place to start looking... it's owned by the same company as Camberwell Place!

upload_2020-4-1_11-57-44.png

• Informative x 2
  2. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

I hope they don't build it in the shopping centre. Build it along Eastlink somewhere, even cut a deal with BP so people charging can wander in a grab a coffee from there. At least it would be accessible 24hrs a day and won't get ICE'd during busy shopping times.

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  3. leonk

leonk Member

I did a drive around Karingal today and if they've started there I can't see it.
    Half the car park is a construction site at the moment for the redevelopment.

• Helpful x 1
  4. Nuclear Fusion

Nuclear Fusion Active Member

Agree. It should be close to major highway/freeway interchanges, where you don’t have to go out of your way

5. Nuclear Fusion

Nuclear Fusion Active Member

What’s the latest?

6. leonk

leonk Member

#6 leonk, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Theres a huge amount of construction but the spot at the arrow below caught my eye today.
    It's 5 or 6 spots fenced off differently from the rest of the construction and it's between the car wash and Red Rooster.
    [​IMG]

• Informative x 3
  7. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Great to hear @leonk - please keep us updated!

8. jamesgo

jamesgo Member

Karingal Hub is also owned by ISPT like Camberwell Place is.

• Informative x 1
  9. Cliff1069

Cliff1069 New Member

Hopefully before October when my free km's run out!

10. TonyEm

TonyEm Member

Drove past at the weekend - if its by red rooster its not looking like a supercharger spot - there are cable conduits coming up through the ground midway through the parking spaces.

Maybe just that im not an electrician and this conduit would be normal - but id expect it to be nearer to the flowerbed side of the parking spot. Anyway - its not looking anything like a supercharger spot yet .....

11. leonk

leonk Member

I'm starting to think you're right. I went past there too and it's changed to the same Probuild signage as the rest of the centre. Plus there's a fire hydrant in the spots now.

Nowhere else there looks right either, even the new car parking opened has no signs of charging infrastructure. It's possible they'll wait and put it in the new multistory section under construction but that's still 12 months away i'd guess.