Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mornington, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it's been moved again. A bit closer to the new Baxter marker, but still just a random location.

upload_2021-1-6_12-15-3.png

You can get their username by the "Recent activity" option on the web version (doesn't work on the tablet/phone app).

But unless you know who it is, there is no way to contact them. If they have a home charger you can message via that entry. Or if they check in somewhere, then you can message them (only via the app, not the website). Just more ridiculous UI inconsistencies that make Plugshare sh!t.

upload_2021-1-6_14-40-43.png

Why they wouldn't just put it with one of (or next to) the BP's on Pen Link I have no idea. They are open 24/7 with food, drink & toilet options, easy to get to, won't be ICE'd and probably has good access to the high capacity electricity needed.

Reactions: Leeroy
So I went for a little drive this morning, unfortunately I didn't find them.
I can say however, that the three sites @Chuq pointed out have nothing there right now.

The Baxter Tavern looks like a ghost town (I'm wondering if it will even reopen post lockdown)
Woolworths has some construction on what looks like one of their click and collect facilities, but that's it.
Couldn't see anything at the Caltex, at least from the road.

I didn't head down to the service centres, that would have required going half way to Mornington to turn around and in the current circumstances that's probably not the best idea.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Why they wouldn't just put it with one of (or next to) the BP's on Pen Link I have no idea. They are open 24/7 with food, drink & toilet options, easy to get to, won't be ICE'd and probably has good access to the high capacity electricity needed.
...probably because Tesla don't have entitlement on any existing Big Oil site or land adjacent. I'm sure BP eventually have their own plans (if not just to sell their sites off) for EV charging at their sites. There are certainly plenty of hoops to jump through for any location not to mention the required power infrastructure.

Last edited:
Reactions: P100D_Me
probably because Tesla don't have entitlement on any existing Big Oil site or land adjacent. I'm sure BP eventually have their own plans (if not just to sell their sites off) for EV charging at their sites.
Are any of the existing Aussie supercharger sites at petrol stations? I can't think of any, except the temporary 2-stall Euroa one. (Now the location of a Chargefox ultra-rapid). Heatherbrae is adjacent to one, but not sure if it's the same site.

Interesting, since in the US they have an arrangement with a couple of chains there, Wawa and Sheetz - each of these chains hosts dozens of Tesla's eastern USA supercharger locations.

Heatherbrae is adjacent to one, but not sure if it's the same site.
Believe Heatherbrae is technically on the Motel site land next door.

Also some restrictions in Aus with distance from bowsers (think 12m)

Evie has struck deals with petrol sites, particularly Ampol, and have numerous petrol station sites including Seven Hills, Dandenong, Taylor's Lakes, Tailem Bends, Tarcutta, Taree and Tyndale.
Some of these are in regional areas.

Last edited:
Having been to Heatherbrae, it seems to be part of the Motel site. But it also seems like the petrol station site there might be leased from the Motel as well.
Heatherbrae kind of sucks (at least last time I was there it did). The Motel was closed, the Caltex next door wasn't operational so we had to walk about 500 meters down to the Macca's along the muddy edge of the Pacific Highway, fun!