Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mornington, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No location confirmed yet, but @jamesgo appeared to have a bit of an insight, going by his comment from the Camberwell thread:

I think they said the next one is the Frankston one.

Notably on Tesla's map, the marker is not over the generic place name, but the nearby highway intersection.

upload_2020-4-1_11-56-47.png

Perhaps the Karingal Hub would be a good place to start looking... it's owned by the same company as Camberwell Place!

upload_2020-4-1_11-57-44.png

I hope they don't build it in the shopping centre. Build it along Eastlink somewhere, even cut a deal with BP so people charging can wander in a grab a coffee from there. At least it would be accessible 24hrs a day and won't get ICE'd during busy shopping times.
Agree. It should be close to major highway/freeway interchanges, where you don’t have to go out of your way

Drove past at the weekend - if its by red rooster its not looking like a supercharger spot - there are cable conduits coming up through the ground midway through the parking spaces.

Maybe just that im not an electrician and this conduit would be normal - but id expect it to be nearer to the flowerbed side of the parking spot. Anyway - its not looking anything like a supercharger spot yet .....

Drove past at the weekend - if its by red rooster its not looking like a supercharger spot - there are cable conduits coming up through the ground midway through the parking spaces.

Maybe just that im not an electrician and this conduit would be normal - but id expect it to be nearer to the flowerbed side of the parking spot. Anyway - its not looking anything like a supercharger spot yet .....

I'm starting to think you're right. I went past there too and it's changed to the same Probuild signage as the rest of the centre. Plus there's a fire hydrant in the spots now.

Nowhere else there looks right either, even the new car parking opened has no signs of charging infrastructure. It's possible they'll wait and put it in the new multistory section under construction but that's still 12 months away i'd guess.

I just did a drive around that carpark and there is no indication of any works there.

It's a shame PlugShare doesn't provide any auditing history for Edits, or Photos.
Only the check-in

I see someone has edited the entry asking for proof.

As I understand per the MacLean/Hardwood site, PlugShare prefers Coming Soon entries not to be added for Tesla, as they automatically add them when a site goes live.

As I understand per the MacLean/Hardwood site, PlugShare prefers Coming Soon entries not to be added for Tesla, as they automatically add them when a site goes live.

Yep - they intentionally don't offer the "supercharger" plug type for user added entries, to prevent/discourage this, but it doesn't work as lots of people add them anyway - explanation here: Superchargers on PlugShare

My gut feeling is still on Karingal.

I expect you're right! For the many reasons mentioned in this thread. Will wait and see...

Maybe none of the above.
Today's map update per Rohan/Chuq says Frankston (Baxter) (though can't find that ref on online maps).

That might mean one of the petrol stations on either side of the M11.
Or maybe the Baxter Tavern carpark.