Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Frederick, MD - Buckeystown Pike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by the Sheetz at the corner of Buckeystown Pike and Spectrum Dr this afternoon and it looks finished. It’s still not showing up on the Find it site, it doesn’t even list it as a future location.

I’m planning on stopping by soon to see if it’s online.

Anyone stop there over the past few days and able to charge?

I drove by the Sheetz at the corner of Buckeystown Pike and Spectrum Dr this afternoon and it looks finished. It’s still not showing up on the Find it site, it doesn’t even list it as a future location. I’m planning on stopping by soon to see if it’s online. Anyone stop there over the past few days and able to charge?
See below, I found it on the Tesla Find Us page. Target opening in Q2 2022.

The site appears to be only waiting for the local power company, First Energy, to hook things up.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 7.00.06 AM.png

Tesla really seems to be opening a lot of Superchargers at convenience stores such as Sheetz, Wawa, and Hy-Vee.
I think it's more accurate to say that Sheetz, Wawa and Hy-Vee are ramping up their offerings of Tesla Superchargers (and other EV networks) at their locations. It's great to see the competitive pressure of convenience store outlets motivating others to follow suit.

I charged there the other day. Didn't realize it was this new. Yes, at first it seems odd that it is so close to the other charging station, but this is the area close to all the major highways here. It makes sense to put the units in this general area which is/was known as Evergreen Point. It could have been installed at the Sheetz by Rt 70 though. There really aren't other good locations in Frederick though. Either they are off lesser highways or there aren't good locations for the units.

I would have much preferred a location along I-70, like Mt Airy. Going to BWI I have only one option for charging without backtracking and that's at Baltimore.

Jeez! I just tried to check the Bob Evans web site (where the new chargers are) and they block me, likely because I'm in Puerto Rico at the moment. What's that about?