Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Frederick, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went by Friday and sat in traffic just trying to get off the exit ramp. Not rush hour just road construction. they need to open that exit ramp.
You can also take the I-70 E exit just a mile further, then double back on 85. Only a few miles extra but much faster.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.09.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.09.02 AM.png
    773.4 KB · Views: 70
The Find Us map says a second Frederick supercharger is coming soon. The current one serves north-south traffic best so an east-west location off of 70 would make sense. There appears to be a Royal Farms under construction on Monocacy, maybe that's where it will be.
I just noticed that on the Tesla page today. Looking here for any more info, but that new Royal Farms location would be key, easy on/off going West, a short drive for those heading East, but not too far out of the way.

My only hesitation with that location is that is has had recurring massive sinkholes on that site for several decades. I can't believe anyone would build anything there. I'm hoping they've figured out the cause and have done some amazing engineering to permanently resolve the issue.

Please post with any new information on the official spot of the second Frederick supercharger!

I just noticed that on the Tesla page today. Looking here for any more info, but that new Royal Farms location would be key, easy on/off going West, a short drive for those heading East, but not too far out of the way.

My only hesitation with that location is that is has had recurring massive sinkholes on that site for several decades. I can't believe anyone would build anything there. I'm hoping they've figured out the cause and have done some amazing engineering to permanently resolve the issue.

Please post with any new information on the official spot of the second Frederick supercharger!
1635455010836.png