Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Frederick, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they only needed it for under the entrance driveway? I did see some disturbed turf on each side of the driveway so maybe that part is done.

Possible, but I would have thought they would have bored under the trees at BJ’s. I had a concern with the parallel utility running the same path which could make things difficult. Also the guys on site had excavated the service to the fence line. Finally they would have left a marker or pipe for the guys to find.

Direct bury power line is very possible also. We will see shortly. A machine could plow that in pretty quick.

Monday July 8th 7:30 PM

No changes...

Well except for the new Don's John outside the fence :)
20190708_193555.jpg

Last edited:
Went by today and parked for a few minutes. Took a picture of the progress or lack there of...For the 10 minutes I was there, I saw one guy bent over, probably twisting re barb, while 2 guys watched him joking around and another was on his phone smoking a cigarette. A fifth guy was sitting in the shade on his phone. I know I was there for only a few minutes, and I am sure it can't be like this all the time, but geez...Not a very well oiled machine.

IMG_0650.jpg

Went by today and parked for a few minutes. Took a picture of the progress or lack there of...For the 10 minutes I was there, I saw one guy bent over, probably twisting re barb, while 2 guys watched him joking around and another was on his phone smoking a cigarette. A fifth guy was sitting in the shade on his phone. I know I was there for only a few minutes, and I am sure it can't be like this all the time, but geez...Not a very well oiled machine.

View attachment 428849

Must be unionized workers. As such those breaks were obtained & approved by their union and bosses.

Smoke break, lollygagging break, lunch break, water break, bathroom break to name a few. Phone break was introduced couple of years ago as well.

Reactions: mrElbe and bkp_duke
Must be unionized workers. As such those breaks were obtained & approved by their union and bosses.

Smoke break, lollygagging break, lunch break, water break, bathroom break to name a few. Phone break was introduced couple of years ago as well.

My dad says *sugar* like this.

:rolleyes:
Or a bunch of guys waiting for the inspector to sign off on the work already completed and allow them to move on to the next thing they've got to do. Or a crew waiting for a cement truck to show up with the concrete to pour the slab. Etc.

And this is usually my response. ;)

The green boxes were there. They will be direct buried into the ground up to where the rings on the bottom stops. I want to say there for Allegheny Power feeder, not for Tesla's use. This would avoid installing manholes. I don't think i would want one of those in my backyard.

Pad looks good.

The precast bases will give the site a nicer cleaner look. Eliminates a lot of form work and layout guess work. Tesla has been using them quite a bit lately.