Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Frederick, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A darkness has fallen over the Frederick Supercharger. The locals are wondering if it will ever lift.
Frederick_sc_IMG.jpg

Attachments

• Frederick_sc_IMG.jpg
    Frederick_sc_IMG.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • Funny
Reactions: kevinf311 and vdiv
They are made in house at Giga 2 correct? or is that Version 3 pedestals? or both? I really haven't tracked them that much.

The word is Giga 2 is building V3 equipment. Given the delay in V2 pedestals lining up with the ramp of V3 equipment being built at Giga 2, I suspect all Supercharger equipment is now being built there. No solid evidence of that... just an educated guess.

You could always charge in Hagerstown Supercharger.. It's only 25 miles away from the impending Frederick Supercharger. If you ar coming from Harleysville, PA, you could take the PA turnpike to 81 to 70. You would pass by the Hagerstown Supercharger on you way to Frederick and back home.

Apologies for going off-topic, but this is too odd a coincidence. I had to go from Frederick to Harleysville for an overnight, then back to Frederick. Probably too late for you, but PA Turnpike to Rt 222 into the York, PA supercharger (at a Sheetz). Then Rt 30W to RT15S into Frederick. PA Turnpike is a wasteland unless you have a CHAdeMO adapter, and even then they don't have chargers at all rest stops.

Just drove by there they are starting to install the Pedestals
Just talked to one of the installers, he said a couple of days to install the pedestals and then it needs to be commissioned/permitted, so it should be open in the next week or two.

Attachments

• 6F10FA18-C0EE-4744-9B7C-5647B5881C5F.jpeg
    6F10FA18-C0EE-4744-9B7C-5647B5881C5F.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 7560E5CF-A53B-4D32-B407-134813F93E09.jpeg
    7560E5CF-A53B-4D32-B407-134813F93E09.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 101
Wow! they are moving fast now. I was just there yesterday around 10:30 AM, and they only had one pedestal installed. I gave them the - "what are you waiting for look". Did not talk to them, but they seemed to be motivated.

Attachments

• supercharger status copy.jpg
    supercharger status copy.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 49
Do other construction projects get stalked like this, or is this a weird experience for the workers?

I think there used to us by now. The guy in the white T shirt is the one who told me mid Sept back order on the pedestals.

Tell them we will go away if they flip a couple breakers on before they leave. :p

Hopefully they are sitting there waiting on electrical inspector to come out and bless it. I should think that would be a no brainier given they had to get a service inspection to get power and this was all that was left. They even have landscaping done with grass.