Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Frederick, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging here now.

8FB58AAA-0C9B-4DA5-A854-80ADD73612C2.jpeg

Tell me about it! I live in Brunswick, MD and I paid nearly $2,000 to have a company come out and install a 60 amp circuit and outlet in my detached 2 car garage behind my house so I could charge my Tesla. Turns out, the whole thing massively failed the Frederick inspection even though it's a good, clean installation that works great.

Now, they want over $1,000 more to come back and redo everything so it'll pass. It's a complicated mess, but seems like I've already paid enough for what I'm trying to achieve here.....

Biggest problem is that the previous homeowner who built the garage got an inspection for the structure itself, but apparently not for the 120 volt wiring he had run out to it for the lights and a few outlets in it. So the inspector saw that and wants all of that done to code before he'll pass anything else electrical in there. Secondly, the electricians doing my new circuit ran it through the existing conduit out to the garage that the 120 volt circuit was using. Seemed like the most cost-effective and sensible way to go. Except some obscure line in the code book says you can't have more than one circuit going to a detached structure. So also a fail, and will require a new sub-panel to be purchased and installed in the garage to deal with it.

Frederick county inspector made my electricians tear out and redo my generator installation because wiring was not greater than 110% of spec. This was a reputable company that complied but said the standards of the Frederick county inspector was like nothing that had seen and definitely over the top.

Hope those contractors did everything at 110% spec lol

Returning from Carlisle PA and Frederick SC perfect location. Was there this eve (27 Nov). Heavy use even close to 9 pm. I had issues getting a charge out of the first 2 units I tried (sorry didn't record unit numbers). 3rd time a charm. Happy to have this join the network!

Many.. Anchor Bar, Panera, tacos, several others -- plus Starbucks and bathrooms in Barnes and Noble - short walk

All of which were closed yesterday. JC Penny's was open fortunately as the walk to the Wawa is long and it was cold and windy. I rolled into town with 13%, so no problem with the range.

I managed to find the stall with a broken connector, 1B. A piece of someone's car connector was stuck in the pins preventing it from being plugged into the car. Fortunately the paired stall was empty so I just moved over one. I tried calling the 800 number, but when I pushed buttons for charging problems they were closed for the holiday. I had to call back and talk to the roadside assistance people.

Tesla still has my phone number wrong. I can't get them to fix their durn data base.

Last edited: