Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fredericksburg, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct, that’s how I found it as I will be taking a trip there this weekend. Just figured it wasn’t mentioned in this thread yet so wanted to put it out there as it appears to be the only actual Tesla charger close to the main drag.
Well, except that there are also 2 others nearby:
  • Blacksmith's quarters 415 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624 (here)
  • Austin Street 206 W Austin St Fredericksburg, TX 78624 (pay to park) (here)
Both also on Plugshare. Not sure why you're calling out the Sugarberry. And none of them are Superchargers, which is what this thread is discussing.

Both also on Plugshare. Not sure why you're calling out the Sugarberry. And none of them are Superchargers, which is what this thread is discussing.
Those two aren't Destination chargers, though, so likely only 7kW or so.

What isn't clear is if Sugarberry's is 16kW or what.

@jeffnhelen if you use Sugarberry this weekend could you add a comment on plugshare about how fast you're able to charge with it, if you're able to hit the Model 3 max of 11kW? Maybe ask the the management/operators what the breaker is rated at (max A will be 0.8 * breaker A).

Those two aren't Destination chargers, though, so likely only 7kW or so.

What isn't clear is if Sugarberry's is 16kW or what.

@jeffnhelen if you use Sugarberry this weekend could you add a comment on plugshare about how fast you're able to charge with it, if you're able to hit the Model 3 max of 11kW? Maybe ask the the management/operators what the breaker is rated at (max A will be 0.8 * breaker A).
Charge comments seem to suggest that
  • Sugarberry/Tesla Dest Charger is 240V 12A (3kW)
  • Blacksmith's/J1772 is 240V 40A (9.6kW)
  • Public lot/J1772 is 240V 48A (11.5kW)
Also nearby is
  • Alexander Vineyards/Tesla 240V 80A (19.2kW)
  • Torre di Pietra Vineyard/Tesla 240V 80A (19.2kW)
... which still begs the question. These are not superchargers.

This is off topic. Can we put it to rest?

• Disagree
Reactions: ℬête Noire
  • Public lot/J1772 is 240V 48A (11.5kW)
Also nearby is
  • Alexander Vineyards/Tesla 240V 80A (19.2kW)
  • Torre di Pietra Vineyard/Tesla 240V 80A (19.2kW)
... which still begs the question. These are not superchargers.

This is off topic. Can we put it to rest?
Some people want to know Supercharger development news. Some people just need to charge in a particular place, and hope there will be a SC there soon. My opinion is that giving info on available charging in a remote (to Tesla) area where a SC is planned is somewhat on topic.

I'll bet you really hated the Fort Stockton SC thread...;)

???

Do you have a screenshot of any of that? I see nothing like this on there? Maybe there's somewhere on plugshare that I don't know about?

And 3kW Destination Charger??? BWHAHAHA :rolleyes: Are you getting this from misreading that obviously garbage entry that says 12 volts and 245 amps?

((Tesla's own map lists Sugarberry at 16kW, I was just interested whether it was truly 16kW or only 8kW or something.))

I called out Sugarberry because the other two are J1772 not Tesla and I wasn’t the first one to mention something other than a Supercharger so figured I would mention it for others who stumbled upon this post while searching for destination chargers in Fredericksburg like I did. Wish you best of luck in obtaining your moderator status though.

Reactions: DriverOne
I called out Sugarberry because the other two are J1772 not Tesla and I wasn’t the first one to mention something other than a Supercharger so figured I would mention it for others who stumbled upon this post while searching for destination chargers in Fredericksburg like I did. Wish you best of luck in obtaining your moderator status though.
The place to search for destination chargers in Fredericksburg or anywhere else is
Destination Charging | Tesla
and
www.plugshare.com
not a thread about superchargers.

• Helpful
Reactions: XHabjab
The place to search for destination chargers in Fredericksburg or anywhere else is
Destination Charging | Tesla
and
www.plugshare.com
not a thread about superchargers.

Thank you, I found PlugShare already from the same Google search results that lead me to this thread. You yourself mentioned other chargers, but I guess that advice only goes one way. I would hate to see what you guys do when someone is actually trolling.

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
BOOM! (maybe, but I'm skeptical)

There is a utility survey for Tesla Chargers at Barron's Creek Vineyards at 5865 US 290. It is not possible to tell from the info if it is Superchargers or Destination Charging.

For those not familiar with how utility surveys are done in Texas by Tesla, they have a company that has surveys done all over the place that are potential sites, but when you see one done by a contractor, it's real, usually. This one is done by a contractor.

However, normally there is a blank for "Work done for" which would normally say "Tesla", but here it says "Tesla Chargers".

Would Tesla put a Supercharger at a winery? I'm dubious. I mean, I want a SC in Fredericksburg, but this seems an unlikely location, and it really isn't in the city. Several DCs are at wineries here, so I think that's what this is.

Search and Status

BOOM! (maybe, but I'm skeptical)

There is a utility survey for Tesla Chargers at Barron's Creek Vineyards at 5865 US 290. It is not possible to tell from the info if it is Superchargers or Destination Charging.

For those not familiar with how utility surveys are done in Texas by Tesla, they have a company that has surveys done all over the place that are potential sites, but when you see one done by a contractor, it's real, usually. This one is done by a contractor.

However, normally there is a blank for "Work done for" which would normally say "Tesla", but here it says "Tesla Chargers".

Would Tesla put a Supercharger at a winery? I'm dubious. I mean, I want a SC in Fredericksburg, but this seems an unlikely location, and it really isn't in the city. Several DCs are at wineries here, so I think that's what this is.

Search and Status

I've been there, but some time back. I don't remember it being a particularly large lot but maybe it doesn't normally fill? Pulled up Google Maps and drew the coordinates from Search & Status onto it. Note, they have a front gate and usually those wineries close them off hours and this is very much inside the gates. Looking at where the charger is to be located they'd need to move the gates if they wanted to close them, or make another approach, and rip up some of those vines on their frontage and awkwardly add fencing to the parking lot. OR have extremely terrible SC hours, are any SC not accessible 24/7?

It does strike me as far more likely this is another vineyard in the area adding DC.

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.05.51 AM.png

I see that Plugshare now lists a Destination Charging spot at Barron's Creek Vineyards, so that utility survey was not a Supercharger...

"Four Tesla chargers on a shared circuit. Max output is 72 amps, if additional vehicles are connected the current will be split between vehicles."

Still a little questionable in my mind with the "come stay at our bar for a few hours, charge your car, then drive home" philosophy, but there you go.:cool:

Any updates or progress on the Fredericksburg SC? All of the "future" SCs on the map seem to say that they'll be ready by the end of 2019. Based on the date of this thread, this one has been hinted at since 2017... Any reason that one should remain optimistic?

Reactions: rafacq