Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fredericksburg, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm - In thinking about this - I would expect an increase in TX Teslas in the area - given the closeness to the new Tesla factory, and given that Fredricksburg is such an outstanding vacation area - I do wonder if there might not be a bit more...attention...to this vacation/resort town.
One can hope...

Hmmm - In thinking about this - I would expect an increase in TX Teslas in the area - given the closeness to the new Tesla factory, and given that Fredricksburg is such an outstanding vacation area - I do wonder if there might not be a bit more...attention...to this vacation/resort town.
One can hope...
I love(d) going to that area from The Woodlands, and would like to see more charging options there. I look for chargers on Plugshare and plan around that, so for me, having a charger on-site is a definite draw. It doesn't have to be a Tesla charger. J1772 is fine.

St☰v☰: Pleasant alternative listed below, might work for you, might not. Not SC rate of charge, but not too bad:

September 23rd: Alexander Vineyards, 6360 Goehmann Ln, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624, United States

Added 21.75 kWh (73.75 miles) in 1 Hours 19 Minutes according to my Teslafi.
72 amps - S100D, not familiar with your car's charge rate, sorry.
Nice charcuterie board, bought some wine. Clean restroom, staff friendly and all masked up.
Free as long as you are tasting/eating.

rgedad: B&B name, please?

Yep - NEMA 14/50 seems like a much cheaper alternative than anything else for the provider - kinda slow for short duration charging, but works fine for overnight stay.

St☰v☰: Pleasant alternative listed below, might work for you, might not. Not SC rate of charge, but not too bad:

September 23rd: Alexander Vineyards, 6360 Goehmann Ln, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624, United States

Added 21.75 kWh (73.75 miles) in 1 Hours 19 Minutes according to my Teslafi.
72 amps - S100D, not familiar with your car's charge rate, sorry.
Nice charcuterie board, bought some wine. Clean restroom, staff friendly and all masked up.
Free as long as you are tasting/eating.

rgedad: B&B name, please?

Yep - NEMA 14/50 seems like a much cheaper alternative than anything else for the provider - kinda slow for short duration charging, but works fine for overnight stay.
Thoroughly recommend the wines at Alexander Vineyards. They are imported european wines and well worth it - my favorite wine location :)
If you're going to stay in town, we have stayed at Beethoven Villas which were very good. They have two destination chargers for guest use, they had to keep the plugs locked up because too many folks were treating them like public chargers.
[edit]
Sugerberry Inn also has destination chargers for guests, not stayed there though.

Now 2022
7816CEE4-2D51-41E3-841F-B8B29FB127AB.jpeg

I am afraid this year might turn out to be low number of new SC commissioning going by Tesla's website. Supercharge.info used to have a slick graphic that will tell you how many were commissioned each year, but I don't see it now. As of today it has 30 under construction and 102 under permit out of which a bunch are 2022 date.

Austin is getting some love, but nothing new on the busy Houston-Dallas Rt 45. The one in Sealy, TX (between SA and Houston) is now completely missing in Tesla's page. Love to see one in Temple TX too

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Just returned from Fredericksburg. Still no SC. Attempted to charge at Austin St. Liberty PlugIns has taken over from MobileNow. Used their app, and location code on top of charger. $4-5 for 2 hrs. Got green charging light on charger, but vehicle did not charge. Perhaps it was my adapter. Contacted Liberty and they seem responsive in terms of looking into it.
Just returned from Fredericksburg. Still no SC. Attempted to charge at Austin St. Liberty PlugIns has taken over from MobileNow. Used their app, and location code on top of charger. $4-5 for 2 hrs. Got green charging light on charger, but vehicle did not charge. Perhaps it was my adapter. Contacted Liberty and they seem responsive in terms of looking into it.
Well crap, I was kinda hoping that the Fredericksburg SC was up and running. I'm heading to Harker Heights from Junction in a few weeks, 160 miles, but the topography is hilly, which means more consumption. My SR+ could do it under ideal conditions, but that's pushing the limit. The only alternate route is southern down through Austin, but that's 280 miles, four SC's, and another 3 to 4 hours of drive time.

As a follow up to the Frederiscksburg Austin St public chargers set up by the Tesla Owners Club, Liberty Plug Ins did refund the charge to my card, plus some, and said they’d look into the functionality of the station.

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus
Rgedad, am curious what your route was from FW to Fredericksburg and where you stopped? I'm doing that next week and really see myself having to go 35 through Austin even though it adds time, it is faster with supercharging along the way. And easier on my range anxiety. I can CRAWL to Fredericksburg and probably make it, but.....
There is a route from Waco supercharger direct cross country via Killean and Burnet that is 170 miles (3 Hours) - I have a Model X 100D so with a 100% charge I will arrive with 16% charge. I did the route last year from Fredricksburg to Waco and as I recall I got there with about 10% charge - but that was awhile ago.
I am actually down in Fredricksburg now (3/10/21), I towed a trailer with a mattress on it down here, and went the Austin route - took about 6.5 hours total (some stop and go traffic in Austin). Gonna try the back roads route back with the empty (Harbor Freight) flat bed trailer and see how it goes. ABRP shows a 17 Minute charge in Waco, and a 16 minute charge in Alverado for the trip to Fort Worth. Will probably just stop for a bit at Collins St bakery for lunch and do it in one shot.
It is easy for me to leave Fredericksburg with 100% charge to get to Waco with margin - Harder/Longer to leave Waco S/C with 100% charge to get to Fredricksburg (With Margin).

Sooo - Down in Fredricksburg, TX - and trying again to charge at the Liberty Hydra chargers on Austin st. In thinking about it, I was wondering if maybe I had mad a typing error in my last attempt to charge yesterday - Alas no...Not My Fault. So - I had read that Charger #1 was not functional, so attempted to use Charger #2. but when one enters in the code for larger number 2 the payment system returns a code for charger #1 (You have to look closely at teh screen when selecting the process payment screen - it will show #1 device, not #2 device) ...Entering that code into charger #2 results in an error, entering the code into Charger #1 gets a green charge, but alas - no charging actually works (Tesla actually shows no Power).

I called the main number for Liberty Hydra and remarkably the same tech who helped me yesterday answer the call. We discussed issue and he concluded that the problem does seem to lie in their payment processing system and he would submit in a issue them. He then gave me a code for the working #2 and that worked fine.

So - I you are going to use that charger then 1) verify the payment system responds with the #2 charger and not the #1 charger (top of the app screen) and 2) prepare to contact Liberty Hydra via either the number on the device, or contact them via the main number from their web site.

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in or near Fredericksburg that has a destination charger for guests use?
True heart hotel which used to be the sugarberry inn and also blacksmiths quarters but they’re well over $250 a night. Beethoven’s Villa rents through air bnb and they start off around $175 a night for a one bed

Looks like Fredericksburg isn’t happening in the short term. Johnson City thread just popped up.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Looks like Fredericksburg isn’t happening in the short term. Johnson City thread just popped up.

I'm now wondering if Johnson City will take over the Fredericksburg pin. Guess time will tell

Reactions: M3tex