Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Freeport, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard back from my contact the situation is what many of you thought. 8 Supercharger spots, 4 of them dedicated to Tesla, 4 of them allow 30 minute public parking. I drove by last night and not much had changed from the photos that @Gwgan posted. I'll drive by this week and and post any progress.

We are in the area (Brunswick now for couple of days) and look forward to checking out this future site tomorrow. We could make it from RI with a stop at the Seabrook Supercharger, but look forward to having the Freeport site to charge up for getting around while we are here.

But until then, we are having some trouble figuring out how to get some charging for tomorrow. Wondering if anyone has suggestions in the area. We had planned to plug in overnight at Bowdoin but the two Greenlots stations are offline and despite a call to the number on the station they cannot get them working. If we spend some time in Freeport tomorrow, I see a few options to plug in but we didn't plan to spend all day there. Is there a Level 2 at the Harraseeket Inn? we could only find what look like a spot with a 120V outlet but we drove by in the dark so not sure if we missed others. Also there is a B&B that has a Tesla connector but looks a little more out of town.

@Okemonkey: L2 charger at Wild Duck Pub: 114 Village Dr, Topsham ME 04086, United States
There is also a Nissan Dealer (107 Main Street, Topsham, ME, 04086) and Hannaford
(15 Winners Cir, Topsham, ME 04086) with CHAdeMO chargers if you have the adapter.

plugshare.com is your friend

Yes but it doesn’t show that the Bowdoin chargers are down, it only is as good as the information entered by the last visitor so it does not show a bad charger until someone has a bad experience. If you are a PlugShare account holder you can see the two local Tesla owners who have made their chargers available.
I used the public J at a Fort Andross the other day while having dinner downtown.

@Okemonkey: L2 charger at Wild Duck Pub: 114 Village Dr, Topsham ME 04086, United States
There is also a Nissan Dealer (107 Main Street, Topsham, ME, 04086) and Hannaford
(15 Winners Cir, Topsham, ME 04086) with CHAdeMO chargers if you have the adapter.

Thanks for the info. On our last trip up this way we went further north past Augusta and did stop at the Supercharger there, plus took advantage of the Bowdoin and Colby L2 offerings while we were on campus tours, so we were easily set for our trip back. But this time I didn't plan a backup for the backup! I don't have the CHAdeMO adapter but will pay more attention to plugshare options.

Yes but it doesn’t show that the Bowdoin chargers are down, it only is as good as the information entered by the last visitor so it does not show a bad charger until someone has a bad experience. If you are a PlugShare account holder you can see the two local Tesla owners who have made their chargers available.
I used the public J at a Fort Andross the other day while having dinner downtown.

I will have to do the plugshare account and can make a note about the down status there. The Fort Andross option is close so I will check that out. Do you think that is an option for leaving the car plugged in overnight there?

I think today we will call the B&B and get a few hours while in Freeport for lunch, then leave it at Fort Andross at least part of this evening.

> Do you think that is an option for leaving the car plugged in overnight there?

I wouldn't know.

If you have plugshare on your iPhone (and possibly Android) you can swipe your homescreen and see what chargers are nearby without even starting the app. Very handy when you're out of town, "hey, if I park a block away, they have a charger!"

An update.

IMG_2529.jpg

Damm they are moving fast and on time, we will be up and running in no time! Please if anyone have opening date. Please post so I can get the word out for a meet up at Freeport.
The person I know in LL Bean Community Relations understands scheduled completion for October 10-13 but she did put a disclaimer that dates change and she would never know. I have no insight beyond that but since I live 3 miles away I check on progress pretty quickly. I was going to check today but won't bother since JohnH just sent a nice pic update yesterday. Thanks John!!

Reactions: chjch
We are in the area (Brunswick now for couple of days) and look forward to checking out this future site tomorrow. We could make it from RI with a stop at the Seabrook Supercharger, but look forward to having the Freeport site to charge up for getting around while we are here.

But until then, we are having some trouble figuring out how to get some charging for tomorrow. Wondering if anyone has suggestions in the area. We had planned to plug in overnight at Bowdoin but the two Greenlots stations are offline and despite a call to the number on the station they cannot get them working. If we spend some time in Freeport tomorrow, I see a few options to plug in but we didn't plan to spend all day there. Is there a Level 2 at the Harraseeket Inn? we could only find what look like a spot with a 120V outlet but we drove by in the dark so not sure if we missed others. Also there is a B&B that has a Tesla connector but looks a little more out of town.

100% agree
The green lots charger at Bowdoin never works for me.
I am up at Bowdoin a fair amount and limited options notes for years
Not sure why they feel they need to use third party , trinity in CT and many other colleges have nice easy clipper creek J1772 for free. Bowdoin endowment can afford it! I'm a bobcat so no love for the polar bear

Regarding Lee Toyota free J1772 chargers the president of the dealership has Teslas and is supportive of all EV using their chargers though location is not close enough for Brunswick visit.? Uber ?

Regarding Haraseeket yes there is a tiny 120 volt charger on the side and a few on main parking lot trickle charge dark ages compared to LL bean exciting news !

Lee Nissan in Topsham (not Lee Toyota, but just across the street) has a pretty quick Chademo for free use, although it is difficult to park there without sticking out into the dealership's traffic as the dealership parks some new cars onto the dedicated EV parking space. Adam Lee is very supportive and many thanks for him to have this available to Tesla owners at no charge. It has been a lifesaver to me in the past, and my Chademo adapter has been very useful! There are some level 2 chargers at both Lee Nissan and Lee Toyota, as well.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar