Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Freeport, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2017-10-5_22-24-31.jpeg

Things are moving fast in Freeport! I took the bottom pics this morning, and the top pic this afternoon as I was passing through Freeport twice. The infrastructure is going in fast, but no transformer yet. Great location near LLBean and Jameson Tavern for good eats!

upload_2017-10-5_22-24-20.jpeg

upload_2017-10-5_22-26-27.jpeg

upload_2017-10-5_22-26-41.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-5_22-21-30.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-5_22-21-30.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 159
  • upload_2017-10-5_22-22-1.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-5_22-22-1.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 140
  • upload_2017-10-5_22-22-24.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-5_22-22-24.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 138
  • upload_2017-10-5_22-22-48.jpeg
    upload_2017-10-5_22-22-48.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 129
I love all the updates. As the guy who lives about 5 miles from the site I figured I'd be the one to post the most pictures. I did drive by yesterday around noon time. There were cars parked illegally all over the place, the end of parking rows, in front of no parking signs etc. It will be interesting to see what kind of enforcement is in place when charging spots are ICE'd - there is little enforcement of parking rules in other areas.

I love all the updates. As the guy who lives about 5 miles from the site I figured I'd be the one to post the most pictures. I did drive by yesterday around noon time. There were cars parked illegally all over the place, the end of parking rows, in front of no parking signs etc. It will be interesting to see what kind of enforcement is in place when charging spots are ICE'd - there is little enforcement of parking rules in other areas.
The thing is, if this is a towable offense, any local towing company will park their truck across the street and these chargers will become a cash cow for them. Nothing educates people and spreads the word like having your car towed. Speaking from experience!

The thing is, if this is a towable offense, any local towing company will park their truck across the street and these chargers will become a cash cow for them. Nothing educates people and spreads the word like having your car towed. Speaking from experience!

The parking lots are likely private property, the land owner would need to arrange for this service and I doubt LLBean would want to create angry customers.

Reactions: chateauoaks
The fences are down? Can’t blame people for parking until the charger is on line.
Sorry I was not clear - I was not talking at all about the supercharger spots. The point I was trying to make is that the general parking area frequently becomes so full that people park in any place that can fit a car whether it is a designated parking spot or not. I suspect these same people would choose to park in the supercharger spot before they drive up on the curb at the end of a parking row. Regarding towing - I've lived in Freeport for more than a decade, I cannot ever remember seeing a tow truck in a parking lot.