Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 39201 Fremont Blvd (Fremont Hub, LIVE 27 Apr 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So nice to finally have this open. Used it today while at a Trader Joe’s. This has to be close to the longest, once started, to finally becoming operational. There was so much redo that it is crazy. I’m hoping Tesla takes notes on this contractor and not use them again.

Oh I’m sure some of you are saying that is harsh. But this was built out many months ago. It had to to be redone numerous times due to settling and errors.
It depends. If the contractor learned a lot, they may be some of the best now. But what they brought to the table in the first place matters, too: if that learning didn't add on to already knowing a bunch, then I'd agree it's time to move to someone else.

Cool! Now they just need to get into the Target in Cupertino near the Whole Foods. That Target has a HUGE parking lot and the back side (towards Whole Foods) is almost always empty or at <50% full, even on weekends. Great place for a Supercharger because would be very unlikely to get ICE'd, is just off the 85 freeway and (like Fremont) would give them two Superchargers in relatively close proximity (the other one being further down on Steven's Creek at "Main St") which would reduce congestion there. And because it is a huge parking lot, they could start at something like 10-12 stalls and still have room for expansion (similar to Oxnard...has grown over time).

Looks like Fremont owners are well versed on the "supercharger pairing" arrangements!
along the same line from bjorn:
Top 10 Tesla Supercharger Etiquette - Unwritten Rules To Live By

Here is the list:
  1. Don’t share A/B stalls (if possible). Take number not occupied for full charging speed.
  2. Limit your volume (noise).
  3. Move you car when done.
  4. Avoid taking a nose-in stall (if possible), because those are best for Model X with trailer.
  5. Wait in line and pay attention.
  6. Don’t charge to 100%. 90-95% is better to not waste yours and others time.
  7. Don’t Supercharge locally (if you can at home). Battery capacity will be affected after big number of Supercharging.
  8. Don’t litter.
  9. Park propelly – see image above to know how to not park.
  10. Be ready to move if you take several stalls with Model X and trailer.

along the same line from bjorn:
Top 10 Tesla Supercharger Etiquette - Unwritten Rules To Live By

Here is the list:
  1. Don’t share A/B stalls (if possible). Take number not occupied for full charging speed.
  2. Limit your volume (noise).
  3. Move you car when done.
  4. Avoid taking a nose-in stall (if possible), because those are best for Model X with trailer.
  5. Wait in line and pay attention.
  6. Don’t charge to 100%. 90-95% is better to not waste yours and others time.
  7. Don’t Supercharge locally (if you can at home). Battery capacity will be affected after big number of Supercharging.
  8. Don’t litter.
  9. Park propelly – see image above to know how to not park.
  10. Be ready to move if you take several stalls with Model X and trailer.

You don't happen to be driving a MX with trailer, do you? :)

IMG_20180430_202032.jpg
4 white X and then me. Almost as cool as driving down Niles canyon following a S with a 3 following me. Eventually i'll get S3X just a matter of time

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
@BlueShift The entry for this site in supercharge.info lists the power as 135 kW. As far as I know, there are only 120 kW and 72 kW superchargers right now. Please fix this entry other entries that list the power as 135 kW.
It's more complicated than that. The actual supercharger cabinets (the big white things which look like a fridge and actually do all the work) are capable of handling 135kW (or I guess 145kW now). That's true for the superchargers at both types of sites, "traditional" or "urban". But any one car plugged in on its own will only get 120kW max., or 72kW for the urban style. So, the terminology has bifurcated and people discuss the exact same system in 2 different ways depending on whether they are talking about what the system can actually handle vs. what the car can receive. The point being that the 120kW and 135kW designation is the same thing just from 2 different viewpoints.

It's more complicated than that. The actual supercharger cabinets (the big white things which look like a fridge and actually do all the work) are capable of handling 135kW (or I guess 145kW now). That's true for the superchargers at both types of sites, "traditional" or "urban". But any one car plugged in on its own will only get 120kW max., or 72kW for the urban style. So, the terminology has bifurcated and people discuss the exact same system in 2 different ways depending on whether they are talking about what the system can actually handle vs. what the car can receive. The point being that the 120kW and 135kW designation is the same thing just from 2 different viewpoints.

I know that, but the data in supercharge.info have to be consistent. The max charge rate for a single car is the more useful one, and this is what the Tesla site uses. I think supercharge.info should use that as well.