Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See Tesla launches big delivery event for Model 3 deliveries as it changes strategy by matching orders

This location is being used for an unusual Model 3 Delivery “event” this weekend.

upload_2018-9-9_11-59-10.png

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
More information here from Electrek... Tesla releases first glimpse of Supercharger V3 ahead of launch in Fremont

Tesla has been inviting Model 3 owners who are part of the Early Access Program to experience Supercharger V3 in Fremont tonight. In the invite, they released a glimpsed of the Supercharger V3 – pictured above . – and they wrote:

“As an Early Access Program member, you’re invited to experience the next generation of long-distance travel by V3 Supercharging your Model 3.”

Tesla-Supercharger-v3-invite.jpeg

Another update... https://electrek.co/2019/03/06/tesla-supercharger-v3-kw-capacity-efficiency/

In Fremont today, Tesla is launching the next generation Supercharger V3 with higher charging capacity (250 kW), better efficiency, and more. Some of the most important points:
  • 250 kW peak power without powershare between stations
  • Just for Model 3 vehicles after software update for now
  • Model S and Model X to follow later – again through software
  • First non-beta stations coming in Q2
Tesla announced that new Supercharger is able to deliver a new 250 kW of peak power thanks to an “all-new liquid cooled cable design.”

• Informative
Reactions: Russell and mociaf9
@FlatSix911 you seem to be saying that the four new V3 Supercharger pedestals are located at 47400 Kato Road, is that right? In the announcement Tesla sent out, I do not see an address.

Right, and the in-car screenshots I've seen floating around the InterTubes (maybe it's all the same picture?) don't show an address more specific than "Kato Rd."

Bruce.

The last permit related to Superchargers at 47400 Kato Rd was finaled on 3/1/2018. Due to the fact that the V3 pedestal looks pretty much the same as V2, this may be been in place for a year undergoing testing. My understanding is that these are close to the building, not the abandoned ones along the road. They were also issue a permit for a "Parking security gate" at the end of January, 2019. Most of the other permits are for labs. NVH, anechoic chamber, antenna chamber, dyno, etc.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen more photos of this (the site in general) from the launch event. Has anyone been back? Are the stalls visible from the street (back when this was a half-built site they were visible on google street view). Have people who recieved the update before attending the event been able to access the site since?

Does anyone think this site can be added to supercharge.info as a “limited access” location for now?

Reactions: NeverFollow
Here's a periscope of the v3 event Wed night that gives you a look about: tesla_raj @tesla_raj
Enjoy, Robert
Thanks for posting that. It’s fun to see how enthusiastic @tesla_raj is about those high charge rates.:cool: And I liked his measurement unit of the new cable thickness: “one finger length”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuq and Blu Zap