Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - Tesla Factory (LIVE, 4 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about some V3 construction photo's ???
This is today's pic. New cement pedestals going in around riser. A lot of PVC & cement debris beyond this view.
IMG_4053.JPG

There is a Fremont Supercharger at the Target nearby. You will not run out of juice. I do wonder how many v3 chargers they will be able to put before it becomes a mad crush of cars going in and out. Right now, it takes a minute or six to finish charging, so a polite line forms and we wait our turn, but the turn over is going to be much greater. Perhaps not a big deal for 8 v3's. What about 16?

The idea was to turn over more cars, but I wonder if they are going to have to start making them split across the parking lot so they don't all have the same bottleneck entrance.

Are there still a bunch of destination chargers on the other side of the store?

I was just there Monday. The destination chargers are there but there are signs all over that says for test drive vehicles only. And mostly occupied with a car parked in front. From what I can tell there’s no public charging available by the Sales center / Tour entrance.

I self parked. Maybe valet can charge your car for you? I didn’t ask.

8/12 stations maybe very close to operation. Cable is definitely smaller diameter (as reported), but not longer.
I got yelled at for snooping around and trying to photo the open back-sides......:confused:
That's a shame. I would really like to see what's under the covers of the V3 pedestals. It must contain the cooling unit for the cable, but I don't see any obvious vents.

Reactions: israndy
@BigMskiman thanks for posting that photo, first time I’ve seen a picture of a V3 and V2 Supercharger pedestal side-by-side. I wonder why the concrete stand for the V3 pedestal is taller?

Maybe to keep us guessing and ask questions like that. If I worked for Tesla I'd be strongly tempted to do changes like this just to mess with people. But that's just me. :cool:

Bruce.