Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - Tesla Factory (LIVE, 4 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone provide an overhead shot identifying which stalls are V2 versus V3?
You want someone to fly their drone on Tesla property and then label the photo for you? :rolleyes:

Suggestion: you could go there to charge during daytime hours, note which chargers are V3 (should be easy, they have thinner cables) and then draw a diagram and post it.

The article says it's probably for factory use, not public use.
Yes, the article says, quote:

“...another permit application that Tesla filed a few weeks ago shows that Tesla is working on a new Supercharger station at the factory:

“Install 24 super chargers behind South Paint. New asphalt pavement, provide site lighting and power to equipment and structural anchorage and equipment pad details.”

The fact that it is located behind the south paint shop might mean that it won’t be accessible to the public, like the Tesla factory’s main Supercharger station.”

It won’t be a public Supercharger.

Was there this morning and only saw one Supercharger taped as out of service.

Note: Drove there with our new Tesla Raven S to only find the V2 Superchargers available. The V3s Superchargers were all in use except for the one that was down. So it took a little longer to charge. It still charged with greater rate than with our 2016 Tesla S 75 we sold about a month ago. But next time we go to San Jose, I would hope to find a V3 available to experience greater rate of charger to see what the new Tesla Raven S will do. So far, we love the new Tesla Raven S. Except now I find that we have to stop for a pit stop for us more than we need to charge as before.

Reactions: HandleX and byeLT4
Here at the factory v3 chargers now. Only 5 of the 8 stalls in use and only getting between 70-90 KW charge rate on my MX raven. Guy in the sales office at first told me it might be because I was next to other cars, even tho the v3 shouldn’t have that limitation. So not sure why it’s not getting anywhere near the ravens 200 kw max rate.

Here at the factory v3 chargers now. Only 5 of the 8 stalls in use and only getting between 70-90 KW charge rate on my MX raven. Guy in the sales office at first told me it might be because I was next to other cars, even tho the v3 shouldn’t have that limitation. So not sure why it’s not getting anywhere near the ravens 200 kw max rate.
What is your state of charge?

We drove up for a factory tour on 23 December. Starting at 20% SOC, we never pulled more than 70 kw from 3 different stalls. Since the tour was an hour long, we left our car hooked up and returned an hour later with the car at 90%.
That sucks, was really hoping V3 would live up to the promises, so far it seems to be no better than V2 for the S/X models.