TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Fremont

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by highedu, Aug 13, 2013.

1. ChriZ

ChriZ Member

Actually, what I noticed was that the delivery agents are now delivering from the superchargers. They park the new cars there when appointments are coming up and perform the walkthrough at the superchargers. I guess they want to have a full charge for the new owners.

2. Tyl

Tyl Member

There are twelve! I had to see it to be sure. Here are a few pictures from earlier today!

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Here too are a few photos of all the HPWC's and NEMA 14-50's for factory employees, vendors and guests.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

3. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

that is a crazy amount of electricity being delivered simultaneously.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

They need even more. They are almost always full when I go there. And the store needs more useless Tesla crap that I can waste my money on while I am waiting!!!

• Helpful x 1
  5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

At least we can be confident those charging spots won't get ICEed.

6. Tyl

Tyl Member

There are HPWC on the south side of the delivery showroom as well.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There was also a blue 70D in front of the showroom.
    image.jpg

7. Tyl

Tyl Member

#127 Tyl, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    A few nighttime pictures through the windows!! Note the "Car Of The Year Trophy"on top of the white MS!!!! What a clean factory! Way.... way off in the distance MS's are being manufactured!!!!! Out back New MS's are being test driven on the track! I still do not know where the huge lit sign that the city of Fremont approved is going to be! I'm sure we will be able to see it from the freeway. I think it will be twice the size of the TESLA sign on the factory. I hope it's up by years end. That will be 'soon'
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Don't smoke around the superchargers, most of us are sickened by the odor and toxins. We don't want to breath your smoke anymore than we want to breath gasoline or diesel exhausts.

Kindly refrain from exposing the rest of us to your poison of choice. if you must smoke, please be considerate and smoke down-wind from people using the superchargers.

thanks.

• Disagree x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I don't see any posts on this page referencing smoking. I did not take the time to review all posts in this longstanding 6 page thread.

@EVie'sDad, which post in this thread are you referring to?

I see you made a very similar post in a different thread at Smoking in Model S

10. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

No there weren't any relevant posts, but being that this is the thread for the existing Fremont Supercharger and that is where the incidents have occurred, I thought it a suitable location for such a topic. I apologize if I derailed the subject with a comment you interpret as being off-topic.

11. bxr140

bxr140 Member

I'm also confused. Came across as out of place and preachy. (And I'm anti smoking)

12. K_style

K_style Member

Currently charging at Fremont but had to wait 30mins. Looks like there are 5~6 test drive vehicles taking up spaces for some reason.

Shouldnt those be using destination chargers and already charged up prior to heavy traffic on Saturday?

Actual traveler like my self is feeling quite inconvenient...

13. K_style

K_style Member

Looks like 3 of them are the cars for taking delivery today..

14. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

The employees are usually quite good about keeping delivery vehicles out of the superchargers during busy times, but (apparently) sometimes they slip up. Might be worth stepping inside and asking if they can move any delivery cars so travelers can charge, if there is a long queue.

15. whttiger25

whttiger25 Member

Has anyone been here recently that can report on the nature of the "Reduced Service" indicated in the navigation app? I was going to head here on my way home yesterday but ended up diverting to Mountain View instead because of this notice in the app.

16. wyldtek

wyldtek Member

I was wondering the same thing. I went through San Mateo instead.

17. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

they just blocked off about 3 SCs for new customer deliveries since there is a huge white tent in front of the store doing factory deliveries. the actual chargers not blocked off are working fine. but there has been reports of long lines during typical busy hours.

• Informative x 1
  18. sorka

sorka Active Member

20 minute wait so far. Not a single car has moved since I showed up. Live status says there are 3 of 12 available.

• Informative x 1
  19. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

I understand but think common courtesy and etiquette should be given to those around you when in proximity to charging locations. Many people prefer to breath fresh air, not cigarette smoke, gasoline or exhaust fumes.

Before I smoked I disliked it, but having smoked a few years and successfully quit, I now detest it and readily admit I am more vindictive of those that do. I apologize for the sermon.

I solved my problem, simply by avoiding most SCs unless I am on an extended road trip. I can easily charge at home overnight or at work for free in a few hours. Never have a low battery.

20. sorka

sorka Active Member

I was sitting at the Fremont charger yesterday and nearly choked as someone in a near by Tesla was smoking with their window open. I rarely smell cigarette smoke any more. When it happens, I'm reminded at how vile it is and what an assault on my senses it is.

• Like x 1