TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Fremont

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by highedu, Aug 13, 2013.

1. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Yes, I think driving a clear air vehicle has 'hypersensatized' us to those noxious fumes. I sympathize.

2. bxr140

bxr140 Member

The point was that a completely unsolicited opinion was presented in a very off topic manner, on a very divisive topic no less.

Word pollution can be just as frustrating as air pollution.

3. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Ok then..well back on topic...

I saw the same Reduced Service indicator on Fremont Supercharger last night coming back from the Sharks game. Didn't need the charge and saw only 3 cars occupying indicated but preferred to use my time more effectively by charging at work instead.

With the rollout of Model 3s coming in the next 4 months, don't you think they better start working on completing the Fremont 2 supercharger to alleviate this backlog of charging issues in the vicinity?

4. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Still saw it offline this afternoon coming back from San Jose--the big delivery tent is up, so I wonder if they are just keeping the SCs freed up for deliveries...? On a brighter note, the last couple of times I have been to Dublin have been great, so perhaps that nastygrams and charges are having the intended effect.

5. chibi_kurochan

Noticed today on the navigation map, temporary closed? Is this true?

6. EVCarGUy

EVCarGUy Member

supercharge.info no longer lists Fremont2 at all?

• Informative x 1
  7. sorka

sorka Active Member

There hasn't been any new permits, construction, or openings in CA since December 16th. This is by far the longest stretch without any new location activity in the one state that needs it the most.

• Informative x 1
  8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

But there are currently significant Supercharger site expansions in progress at over 6 different locations (I have lost track) with some already completed. That is pretty significant.

• Informative x 1
  9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#149 ecarfan, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    When pedestals at "Fremont #2" were first spotted, a year and a half ago, it was assumed by many that it was going to be a Supercharger site like (almost) any other. Since that time some -- including me -- have speculated that it may not be a typical Supercharger site but may be used by Tesla for it's own internal purposes. At this point we really don't know. So I think supercharge.info did the right thing by "de-listing" it.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. sorka

sorka Active Member

#150 sorka, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    The stalls were all still there last night around 11 pm when I drove by. So hopefully they still plan to open it.

That said, it was going to be the new service center, but they are moving to an alternate site and the Kato road building is now going to a business unit at Tesla instead.

• Informative x 1