Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only one here at 10AM. Had been watching this thread expectantly while spending a month in southern Arizona, hoping for 99W to open up for our return to Oregon. Easier than I-5 and smells better, too!

Great site, plenty of food choices. For addicts: the Starbucks is in the Target. No trains while we were here, but see earlier post for the alternate route with rail overpass.

I agree that the big blue EV stall markings are a significant improvement. First impression (or if you are a Malcolm Gladwell reader, unconscious processing) reads it as a handicapped space, which should help with some of the unconscious ICErs.

Only one here at 10AM. Had been watching this thread expectantly while spending a month in southern Arizona, hoping for 99W to open up for our return to Oregon. Easier than I-5 and smells better, too!

Great site, plenty of food choices. For addicts: the Starbucks is in the Target. No trains while we were here, but see earlier post for the alternate route with rail overpass.

I agree that the big blue EV stall markings are a significant improvement. First impression (or if you are a Malcolm Gladwell reader, unconscious processing) reads it as a handicapped space, which should help with some of the unconscious ICErs.

Otter, there is no alternate route without a gated at-grade crossing of the SP tracks anywhere in Fresno north of downtown. There is a discussion that indicates that when the high-speed rail line is built in a couple of years, the Herndon Avenue at-grade crossing will be changed into an underpass. (I have not reviewed the latest plans.)

I think you might be confusing the fact that the BNSF (formerly AT&SF) has a line about 1 1/2 miles due east of the Supercharger location. Herndon Avenue does indeed have an overpass there.

Glad you were able to avail yourself of our new Supercharger!

What is it like charging your car at a Tesla Supercharger?
Ron

The goal is just get enough charge to reach a next Supercharger, not to wait to fill up your battery. You can take your time and fill up your battery at a destination like home, hotel, meeting...

So, I timed myself one day, plugged in, walked to a store, washed my face, get in line for a yogurt, not eating it (that's what a car for), get back to the car to unplug it. All took about 14 minutes and I got enough charge to go from Tejon Ranch to Harris Ranch Superchargers, CA (116 miles) at a cruise speed of 70 MPH.

It's just like a horse. You can abuse and kill your horse off or you can learn what it likes and work with it to get to a destination.

Very satisfying!

So, I timed myself one day, plugged in, walked to a store, washed my face, get in line for a yogurt, not eating it (that's what a car for), get back to the car to unplug it. All took about 14 minutes and I got enough charge to go from Tejon Ranch to Harris Ranch Superchargers, CA (116 miles) at a cruise speed of 70 MPH.

Clearly you didn't talk to any other owners at the Supercharger. That usually adds at least 15 minutes to my charging time. :)

Reactions: Tam and HookBill
I finally got to use the Fresno Supercharger twice this weekend. It was pretty quiet the times I was there (mid-morning Saturday and mid-morning Sunday), both times when we arrived it was completely empty and on departure there was one other car charging.

Was at Fresno SC for work and I'm the only one there. Pretty quiet ... which is good. I wasn't even passing through actually (Fresno was my overnight destination), but because there aren't many hotels with charging available, this SC make my trip from the Bay easy peasy. Am glad it's in.

- K

Doc,

The local ranger told me that there were about 115 Teslas in the area. I assume that he means Tulare, Fresno and Madera Counties--maybe Kings too. He said that Tesla opened up Seaside/Monterey after there were over 250 in that vicinity.

I would hazard a guess that when current Roadster/S/X owners approach that number along with Model 3 orders to surpass it we will see the signs of a service center here.

Crossing my fingers that it will be late in 2017!

I'm thinking a Fresno service center would cast a wider net than Tulare/Fresno/Madera counties. From Bakersfield to Merced would be closer to Fresno than any other service center. Fingers crossed. Sounds like it might be a while though if we only have less than half the cars it took to open Seaside.

shs1 said:
There are now 4 Tesla in Mariposa County, including an X!
How does one obtain this kind of information? It would be interesting to see county totals for the entire state.

We stopped at the Fresno charger 6/2 about 8PM, had dinner at Five Guys, on the way home from Yosemite. No one else was at the charger.

FYI, Tesla has a local service tech, Trevor, in Fresno that is based out of the Seaside service center. He can perform warranty service or annual service right at your home in the Valley. My rear view camera failed and he replaced it in my garage this morning in Clovis, no charge. Sure beats driving 2 hours each way. If you call the Seaside service center, they can arrange it.