Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking at the location its probably right on, can a local scout it out?.checking it out in google earth its new shopping center with lots of good food destinations. this will be a welcome change from the Harris Ranch Subway.

Looks like site power rings the perimeter of the site.There are a couple of transformers on Herndon near Riverside. Ideal spot would be next to the AT&T Store

Last edited:
Ah, well, good for us Bay Areans coming down 99 and continuing south or east, or those going up 99. I suppose it isn't that far out of the way for SoCal types coming up 99 or 41 and continuing on 41 into Yosemite, but sucks if they're going to take 168 or 180 eastbound, or are coming back from those and heading south/southwest.

As I stated above, it is only about 7 miles on a 50MPH expressway with synchronized traffic signals between 99 and 41 along Herndon Avenue. I agree it is slightly inconvenient going to or from Southern California or the Central Coast if one is going to Yosemite; more if Sequoia/Kings Canyon is the destination. It is about 14 miles (again on Herndon) from 99 to the 168 freeway that takes you to Shaver, Huntington or Edison Lakes in the Sierra. I believe that a round trip from Interstate 5 to Manteca Supercharger and back will take as much time (about 10 minutes) as the one-way drive along Herndon Avenue between 99 and 41. (Ever been to the Normal, Illinois, Supercharger? It is twice as bad as trying to find the one in downtown Vegas!) Had there been decent areas around the 99/41 junction that would have been best for all. But that area is full of gang-bangers and other unsavory types that would make charging at night or on the weekends scary when no one is around. (Remember Barstow from last fall?)

This location is three miles from my house. I promise to make weekly visits when construction starts. I will try to take pictures and post them as things progress.

Cottonwood? really?? Its not 100% yet but we will say 99% at Herndon and 99 shopping centers. Look for permit app soon.

My sources, the references above, and the Market Place at El Paseo Map, give it better than 99.9% at this location: 36.835448°, -119.910593°.

If I were BlueShift, I would consider this Blue Dot worthy...

Fresno Supercharger Location.jpg

As I stated above, it is only about 7 miles on a 50MPH expressway with synchronized traffic signals between 99 and 41 along Herndon Avenue. I agree it is slightly inconvenient going to or from Southern California or the Central Coast if one is going to Yosemite; more if Sequoia/Kings Canyon is the destination. It is about 14 miles (again on Herndon) from 99 to the 168 freeway that takes you to Shaver, Huntington or Edison Lakes in the Sierra. I believe that a round trip from Interstate 5 to Manteca Supercharger and back will take as much time (about 10 minutes) as the one-way drive along Herndon Avenue between 99 and 41. (Ever been to the Normal, Illinois, Supercharger? It is twice as bad as trying to find the one in downtown Vegas!) Had there been decent areas around the 99/41 junction that would have been best for all. But that area is full of gang-bangers and other unsavory types that would make charging at night or on the weekends scary when no one is around. (Remember Barstow from last fall?)

This location is three miles from my house. I promise to make weekly visits when construction starts. I will try to take pictures and post them as things progress.

Or if you're going to Yosemite, you can also just go north a few more miles and cross over on 9 to 41 and avoid all the lights. It's hardly an inconvenience.

This location is going to be a big deal to a lot of Tesla travelers in the Central Valley. It will get crowded quickly. It's long overdue. They should have had this location first instead of Harris Ranch.

I can't believe how this thread has exploded since my post yesterday hinting it this coming soon.

- - - Updated - - -

supercharge.info now has the permit listed. Is that because someone saw this thread and updated that site or did whomever maintains that site find the permit?

Last edited:
Very excited to see supercharging coming to Fresno. I think it's a good spot. The 99 corridor has been a black hole for supercharging-- this will get used. It's far enough from the moneyed tesla-driving part of town to prevent a lot of local use, also, I think. Living here, I'd much rather see a service center, but it's a good start.

Last edited:
Happy to see this one going in (coming from N.Cal, I prefer to take 99), but Tesla is going to need to expand Tejon and/or add one near Bakersfield so Tejon can be skipped. 6 stalls at Tejon isnt enough to support the flow to/from Harris and Fresno. It is already congested during peak travel times at Tejon. Exciting to see the build out progressing in CA!

I just happened to be in the neighborhood and stopped in. No sign of any construction yet at that place (just south of the Mikes Subs) but there's a nice set of parking spaces where we think the supercharger would be. While we were stopped there, a couple of ladies drove up in a new BMW, very excited because they had never seen a Tesla in person before. I told them they'd likely be seeing a lot more at this very spot. :)

Happy to see this one going in (coming from N.Cal, I prefer to take 99), but Tesla is going to need to expand Tejon and/or add one near Bakersfield so Tejon can be skipped. 6 stalls at Tejon isnt enough to support the flow to/from Harris and Fresno. It is already congested during peak travel times at Tejon. Exciting to see the build out progressing in CA!

It might actually reduce congestion at Tejon because the charge times should go down there. I won't need to charge as long to get home but instead will only charge enough to make it to fresno and then charge in fresno just enough to get home. anyone who's traveling north(not to the bay area) will need to charge less at Tejon when traveling north.

Very excited to see supercharging coming to Fresno. I think it's a good spot. The 99 corridor has been a black hole for supercharging-- this will get used. It's far enough from the moneyed tesla-driving part of town to prevent a lot of local use, also, I think. Living here, I'd much rather see a service center, but it's a good start.

Doc, it is only three miles from Brawley and all the wealthy folks who live near San Joaquin CC. (We are among the poor relations who live only two streets north of Herndon, and not by the golf course proper.) Excluding ours, I have seen four other owners who live between Marks and Brawley, and north of Herndon. And I bet there might be a couple at Lake Van Ness as well!