Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone on this thread know how to make suggestions or requests to Tesla for charging stations (not superchargers) to be installed at certain locations? I am an Air Force veteran who uses the VA medical system quite frequently and would love to see HPWC in the new parking structures at the Palo Alto VA facility.

Does anyone on this thread know how to make suggestions or requests to Tesla for charging stations (not superchargers) to be installed at certain locations? I am an Air Force veteran who uses the VA medical system quite frequently and would love to see HPWC in the new parking structures at the Palo Alto VA facility.

The destination charging program works from the host side...

You need to pitch this to someone at the VA.

I'm scheduled to travel from Dublin (Supercharger) through Manteca (Supercharger) to Fresno tomorrow. I'm not sure even if I range charge my S85 at Manteca I can make the round trip (Manteca-Fresno-Manteca) without picking up some juice. Do any of my TMC colleagues have an update on the Fresno superchargers? Has anyone done the drive I have planned tomorrow? Any suggestions? I do see some Level 2 charging in Fresno (the mall etc) which I guess I could go to for an hour if it looks dicey. Or maybe there is a L2 en route back to Fresno. Thanks in advance.

I'm scheduled to travel from Dublin (Supercharger) through Manteca (Supercharger) to Fresno tomorrow. I'm not sure even if I range charge my S85 at Manteca I can make the round trip (Manteca-Fresno-Manteca) without picking up some juice. Do any of my TMC colleagues have an update on the Fresno superchargers? Has anyone done the drive I have planned tomorrow? Any suggestions? I do see some Level 2 charging in Fresno (the mall etc) which I guess I could go to for an hour if it looks dicey. Or maybe there is a L2 en route back to Fresno. Thanks in advance.

Plug share shows several level 2's along 99. Plus a CCS/Chademo at the Applegate Plaza @ Merced. PlugShare is your best friend while traveling :)

I've done Manteca -> Fresno -> Manteca several times...I've always done a short charge in Fresno, even after a range charge in Manteca. If you'll be on the north side of town, I'd recommend the chargers at Fresno State (free, CHAdeMO and J1772, but my CHAdeMO experience hasn't been real good here) or Fashion Fair (evGO, CHAdeMO and J1772). 30 minutes on the Fashion Fair evGO CHAdeMO gave my 85D about 50 miles of rated range, which gave a comfortable cushion to get back to Manteca.

The crew was working on the gates to the charger stack this afternoon. I assume (emphasis on assume) that the meter has been placed by PG&E. I guess once the charger enclosure is secured we are just waiting on the Tesla Test Team to do their voodoo and declare this station open. I would think that the city inspectors have signed off on all items, since the gate is going up, unless the city has to inspect a gate.

So, maybe sometime early next week this location will be live and streaming electrons to a Tesla near you!

application

Just fill out the application for at the bottom of the super charger web site.

- - - Updated - - -

application form at the bottom of the tesla super charger www site.

- - - Updated - - -

get PA VA soc to buy one.
Or a J1772 for $500?
Amazon.com or home depot.

http://www.thebusinessjournal.com/n...nveil-charging-station-at-el-paseo-next-month

Electric-car maker Tesla Motors will unveil a “Supercharger” station at the Marketplace at El Paseo in northwest Fresno early next month.

Who are coming for the grand opening?

May I assume the article does not reveal the exact date for fear of a big crowd from the locals?

This is no sparsely populated Tejon Ranch nor Harris Ranch. Fresno has more than half of million residents!

Last edited:
http://www.thebusinessjournal.com/n...nveil-charging-station-at-el-paseo-next-month

Electric-car maker Tesla Motors will unveil a “Supercharger” station at the Marketplace at El Paseo in northwest Fresno early next month.

Presumably this week Tesla ought to be able to test these and put them in service. Why would they artificially wait a few extra weeks?

Anyway, I'm glad this will open many months before I get my first Tesla. This is along a frequently traveled route for me, and will be fundamental to many of my trip plans (whether or not I end up using it in real life as Choice A).

Presumably this week Tesla ought to be able to test these and put them in service. Why would they artificially wait a few extra weeks?

"Early next month" is only a week away, as I'm writing this. Also, there might not be any artificial waiting at all. Construction is a funny thing...what we perceive (on the outside) as delays could be due to inspections, transformer hookups, or the last few steps of construction. (I believe these have all happened for various other Supercharger installations, but I wouldn't be able to cite any specific examples.)

The way I look at it is: It opens when it opens. You'll probably find out about it on this thread on TMC before any of the media, so stay tuned right here!

Drove by this evening. The sign painters were there re-painting the pavement EV signs on each stall. He said the previous ones that he had painted were rejected as too small. The new pavement signs are huge, they take up about half the stall or more. hard to miss. he had no idea when it would be open. I saw no other changes , pedestals are still covered.