Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA - North Blackstone Ave. (LIVE 11 Aug 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cpa

May 17, 2014
Central Valley
According to the Central Valley FB page, the Service Center indicated that our second planned Supercharger in Fresno will be going in at the River Park Shopping Center. This is on the east side of Blackstone Avenue between Alluvial and Nees. The access from the SR41 freeway is the Nees Ave./Friant Rd./Blackstone Avenue exit.

I drove around earlier today at all the likely spots, and I saw no signs of any sort of activity.

Directly across the Blackstone is another large outdoor shopping center with plenty of spaces towards the rear of the businesses.

A couple of blocks north at the NE corner of Fresno St. and Blackstone is a newer center that is still undergoing construction. This might be the actual site as it is slightly closer to the SR41 freeway.

We'll just have to stay tuned. If I make it downtown in the next couple of weeks, I will visit the planning department to see if I can see the permit and find the true address.

IMG_0474[1].JPG

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
There will be a ton of locals charging in this location. It's the epicenter of Tesla ownership in the valley. The current Fresno charger is always busy though.

It is unknown whether these will be urban chargers or V3 Superchargers. If urban chargers, there had better be about 24 at least, as you are correct: locals frequent SC at the Herndon location. If V3 Superchargers, I would hope a minimum of 16 to allow for the locals plus travelers to and from Yosemite.

Correction:

The new construction at El Paseo on Herndon and the SP tracks will have a Supercharger. It will not be adjacent to the existing ten stalls. Plans from the construction show eight stalls along the Palo Alto Ave. entrance. I saw eight vertical pipes extending from the ground when I ambled by yesterday. While not 100% confirmed, it sure looks like these will be the expansion of the existing location, which is about 150 yards away.

Probably shouldn't change the title of this thread until more evidence is forthcoming. But it seems with the construction in Manteca #2, plans for both Turlock and Visalia, that this will be done as highway 99 is filled in.

@cpa I think I can confirm both the River Park location (Blackstone) and the expansion at Riverside. I was looking through Fresno’s permit database and found 2 permits from the month of April which suggest Superchargers will be built at both locations. For Blackstone, the permit says the install is for “Commercial EV Chargers” at the Lazy Dog Restaurant (7965 North Blackstone) aka the River Park Shopping Center on the west side of Blackstone.

Now both permits don’t say “Supercharger” by name, but, when I looked up the word Supercharger, both permits show up. I don’t have an Accela account for the City of Fresno so I may not be privy to all the info in the permit so could any locals or residents give it another crack (@ecarfan @emupilot @mociaf9)? I’m confident this is the right permit as the the location also matches the location mentioned in the first post. Permit number is B20-04286.

4596A4AE-12EF-42C1-A19A-78F37F3EBF86.jpeg

6DB00E04-F6E4-4575-BCB7-91E4459134AE.jpeg

73FA2A1F-7C09-41BE-9A94-74A5AB4ED0F5.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Fresno - River Park, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-41

CA-41

To: Fish Camp, CA - 51.3 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Wawona Tunnel Yosemite, CA - 52.8 miles

To: Visalia, CA (CA-41,I-5) - 43.2 miles
To: Harris Ranch, CA (CA-41,CA-198) - 64.9 miles
To: Fresno, CA (l) - 8 miles
To: Groveland, CA (CA-41,CA-49,CA-120) - 106.9 miles

California State Route 41 goes from CA-1 at Morro Bay to Yosemite Park.
It will have good coverage for its 200 mile length.
Code:
16.1	30.2			CA-1 near Morro Bay
14.3	66.4	0.2		Atascadero
52.4	115.8	0.3	75	Paso Robles
63.9	114	0.5	75	Kettleman City
51.3	52.8	1.2	75	Fresno - River Park
2.1		0.6	25	Fish Camp
				Wawona Tunnel Yosemite

Yep, that will be coverage on a State Route.

PS The location on Supercharge.info says that it's in the Villaggio Shopping Center, not in the River Park Shopping Center.

Last edited:
PS The location on Supercharge.info says that it's in the Villaggio Shopping Center, not in the River Park Shopping Center.

While the River Park Shopping Center is indeed on the other side of the street, this entire area is colloquially referred to as “River Park” by locals.

I also agree with @4SUPER9 in that I’d be very surprised if this was an urban charger. While it’s definitely in a congested “urban” shopping center, the proximity to the SR-41 freeway and placement for Yosemite-bound traffic makes it a very likely v3 candidate in my mind.

I suspect the Villaggio site will be 'behind' the center in the often unused parking in the southwest corner of the site, behind the Sierra Nut House/Ulta area. Any spaces in the 'front' are too busy for a viable location.
That’s a nice thought, but the address on the permit is the specific address of the Lazy Dog restaurant, right on the corner of Blackstone/Nees.

That’s a nice thought, but the address on the permit is the specific address of the Lazy Dog restaurant, right on the corner of Blackstone/Nees.

Aside: there is another Lazy Dog with a Supercharger, in Newark, CA.
So, although in the Villagio Shopping Center, Tesla might have sought the location as a result of an agreement with the Lazy Dog company.

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd
Fresno - River Park, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-41

CA-41

To: Fish Camp, CA - 51.3 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Wawona Tunnel Yosemite, CA - 52.8 miles

To: Visalia, CA (CA-41,I-5) - 43.2 miles
To: Harris Ranch, CA (CA-41,CA-198) - 64.9 miles
To: Fresno, CA (l) - 8 miles
To: Groveland, CA (CA-41,CA-49,CA-120) - 106.9 miles

California State Route 41 goes from CA-1 at Morro Bay to Yosemite Park.
It will have good coverage for its 200 mile length.
Code:
16.1    30.2            CA-1 near Morro Bay
14.3    66.4    0.2        Atascadero
52.4    115.8    0.3    75    Paso Robles
63.9    114    0.5    75    Kettleman City
51.3    52.8    1.2    75    Fresno - River Park
2.1        0.6    25    Fish Camp
                Wawona Tunnel Yosemite

Yep, that will be coverage on a State Route.

Super chart, Money!

However, Wawona Tunnel is the tunnel driven through as one descends into Yosemite Valley and reveals the iconic views of El Cap and Half Dome.

The Wawona Entrance Station is 2 miles from Fish Camp.