Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on Construction at the site?

The entire construction zone is cordoned off with a rented cyclone fence that has a blue tarp secured around the perimeter that does not permit peeking inside to see just what has been going on.

I do a drive-by every 4-5 days. The five wooden crates that presumably contain the charger stacks were still visible in the construction assembly area that has the dumpster and a shipping container. This was as of Thursday afternoon. I will drive by later today. I am leaving town for a week Monday morning, so will not be able to check until I return.

If I had to guess (and I am no construction wizard or Supercharger wizard) is that the trenching has been done for the electrical conduit. It is unclear if any concrete has been poured for the transformer or for the charger stacks. I am not smart enough to understand the entire sequence of events--for example, have the electrical contractors been out there to pull the cables yet?

Don't hold your breath for the completion of this location before Christmas or New Year's Day. I am sure the crew gets a couple of weeks for the holidays, since many are from out-of-town.

The entire construction zone is cordoned off with a rented cyclone fence that has a blue tarp secured around the perimeter that does not permit peeking inside to see just what has been going on.

I do a drive-by every 4-5 days. The five wooden crates that presumably contain the charger stacks were still visible in the construction assembly area that has the dumpster and a shipping container. This was as of Thursday afternoon. I will drive by later today. I am leaving town for a week Monday morning, so will not be able to check until I return.

If I had to guess (and I am no construction wizard or Supercharger wizard) is that the trenching has been done for the electrical conduit. It is unclear if any concrete has been poured for the transformer or for the charger stacks. I am not smart enough to understand the entire sequence of events--for example, have the electrical contractors been out there to pull the cables yet?

Don't hold your breath for the completion of this location before Christmas or New Year's Day. I am sure the crew gets a couple of weeks for the holidays, since many are from out-of-town.

Time to get some drone pictures...

Supercharger Paparazzi rise to the occasion! :biggrin:

Time to get some drone pictures...

Supercharger Paparazzi rise to the occasion! :biggrin:

My first thought also! :)

My second thought was that Sierra Skypark (E79) is a very short flight from the Supercharger site. Heck one might be able to get some good photos just flying a left traffic pattern for 30!

(This idea comes from Greg Renda of TSLA, back when we worked at the same company. He took to the air to do some aerial recon of a new building our company was moving to.)

I did a furtive drive-by this morning around 10:30. The crew was busy at work, and I could see through their pedestrian access opening that there were a large number of grey conduit sticking out of the ground, so perhaps the pads have been poured for the charging bays.

I just drove by this am on my From Las Vegas (ICE so I could go 99). It looks like the Transformer Pad is poured and they have the trenches in for the charging stations. They have a ways to go but they seem to be making good progress. I did see conduits coming out of the concrete pad. The fence seems to be more of a wind break rather than privacy.

I stopped in this afternoon on a rare rainy day in Fresno. The site was free of people, presumably due to the weather, but to my untrained eye it looks like progress is being made. I took some pictures. If I had to guess, based purely on construction and not permit delays etc, I'd say it was a month from completion. And a note to the Tesla police, these photos were taken from the adjacent parking lot open for public use and through an existing gap in the fence curtain.

6C994CC9-A163-4079-A009-BA1F7E25E39C_zpspadhyzps.jpg

ECEB9897-967F-483C-8B53-8ADE44B1A920_zpsqfgiobzy.jpg

01D57FAD-4672-4954-9990-811E051328E5_zps8niqzdi6.jpg

This morning in a driving rain, I drove by hoping to cadge a photo or two, since I figured the crew would not be working in the mud. One of the crew members was alone in his pick-em-up truck, so I tried taking some furtive photos from a distance; alas, they don't really show much.

I can tell you this, however: The charger stack enclosure is constructed of cinder blocks, and is nearly complete. Chargers appear to have been installed within the enclosure. The metal supports for the charging pods are installed, but the Tesla covers are not in place. I could not see the transformer (but did not snoop around the site.)

With Christmas right around the corner, and the forecast for more intermittent rain through Christmas, we may not see a lot of activity until after Christmas.

The next time I try to take some photos, I may have to don my Elon Musk disguise.

Cheers, and regrets to those who had their fingers crossed that this site would be up by Christmas.

It was dark tonight but you can clearly see all the stalls are installed. The site looks nearly ready to go. I counted 10 stalls.

20151219_170443%u00252525280%u0025252529.jpg

20151219_170434.jpg

20151219_170359.jpg

20151219_170403.jpg

Attachments

• 20151219_170440.jpg
    20151219_170440.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 20151219_170355.jpg
    20151219_170355.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Thank you for the photos Sorka. If anyone knows, have they set the switchgear in place? Does anyone know if PG&E has cabled and set the transformer? Not to be overly pessimistic but I highly doubt this will be operational for New Years. But than again, I'm usually more wrong than right.......

Working on Christmas Eve!

I drove by at noon today to see the progress. To my amazement there were some workers on top of the charger stack enclosure finishing up the carpentry work for the arbor. The green tarpaulin was secured around the perimeter with no gaping holes.

The charging pod covers appear to be installed. So, it looks like much, if not most of the work is nearly done. It is not certain whether the transformer is in place yet.

Stopped by again tonight on my way to the in laws in Orosi. It was night time again and overcast. Last week my phone was able to capture something useful but it was darker tonight my phone was completely useless. Fortunately I had my 5D MKIII with an F1.4 lens so it can pretty much take handheld shots without a tripod in starlight. No flash with these:

0U0B0105.JPG

0U0B0104.JPG

0U0B0103.JPG

0U0B0102.JPG

0U0B0099.JPG

All the signs say "Tesla vehicle charging". No nonsense about 30 minute general parking.